• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    im considering parting ways with these to fund new projects. i am not posting them in the classifieds yet because i am not sure what to ask for them. so i am making this topic to get your thoughts on what you would pay, given if you were interested in them, for everything. at the same time i am also open to offers.

everything pictured is included with them.

the SGL 21 will come with a bulgarian sling, kvar KV-04s side mount, custom made bipiod stud, 3x 40 round circle 10s, 2x 30 round circle 10s, and 1x 10 round arsenal mag, a bulgarian circle 10 drop point bayonet, and one of my trigger tuning plates. the rifle has roughly 950-1000 rounds through it, almost all silver bear...its never tasted corrosive. any more info can be provided if asked. this rifle has shown sub 3 MOA (closer to 2 MOA) groups with silver bear 123 gr HPs, it really seems to like them.

the saiga 223 20" (1-9" twist rate, check myself) has had the muzzle threaded with a tapco razr flash hider added, 5x 30 round bulgy circle 10s and 1x arsenal 10 rounder, custom made bipod stud, standard gas tube fitted with standard saiga lower handguard, vltor clubfoot imod stock and vltor stock adapater, the bolt hold open is still installed and fully functional (it was also trimmed down to not clutter the trigger space up), one of my trigger tuning plates, a screw in bullet guide (which has never had a single issue), and a midwest side mount. there is about 750-800 rounds through this rifle (silver bear and brass cased mixed diet) again, any more info can be provided if asked. this rifle has shown sub 2 moa grouping (close to 1.5 moa) with PMC Bronze 55 gr hps

the magazines would change hands out of state (VA preferably).

so anyway...what do you think?

Attachments

• s223.jpg
      s223.jpg
      110 KB · Views: 507
    • sgl.jpg
      sgl.jpg
      119.5 KB · Views: 506

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    What are your new projects that would make you want to sell your AK's?

building two ARs.

man, i almost dont want to even say that lol...

its not that there is anything wrong with my AKs, i love them through and through...but there is one thing about them i cant stand. i cant train with them with the cost of ammo these days. i would like my girlfriend and i to have training sessions once every other week, which 1000 rounds or so would be needed each time...its simply beyond my budget to fund that type of ammo use. so i am building two ARs to take their place, and will be using .22 kits for training.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Great idea if you are going to shoot that much. Got to love the price of .22 when you plan on doing a lot of shooting. I have .22 conversions for my G17/SP-01 and 2 522's(20" and 10" SBR) for that reason.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    building two ARs.

its not that there is anything wrong with my AKs, i love them through and through...but there is one thing about them i cant stand. i cant train with them with the cost of ammo these days. i would like my girlfriend and i to have training sessions once every other week, which 1000 rounds or so would be needed each time...its simply beyond my budget to fund that type of ammo use. so i am building two ARs to take their place, and will be using .22 kits for training.

Well I guess you got to do what you have to do. I'd never sell my AK's for anything especially an AR but that is just me.

Value wise for your AK's, the SGL's are going for mid $800 prices these days if not higher. Plus add in the highly desired Arsenal poly mags definitely adds to the package. The only cons would be the custom work done meaning your seller base is more limited since custom jobs generally are only valuable to the original owner who did it not the intending buyer unless they too like it or plan on making it a project themselves. Also the mags have to be sold out of state sans your 10 rounder. Overall I'd say the package together would be roughly $1000 at most.

Saiga .223 same thing above about the customization aspect. Again Arsenal mags do add a lot of value to the package. I'd say your Saiga .223 package at $700 most also considering unconverted Saigas are going for $400-$500 these days.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Same here, I just bought some Circle 10's and had them shipped to VA. I got 5 30rds and 1 40rd because they looked so cool. Would have been nice to just go over the state line and buy them though.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yea im not expecting much for the custom work, granted at least its all functional for the most part (fcg and what not). Nothing permenetly done so the end buyer can still do anything they want.

Ive always liked ars, just liked aks more...so while it pains me a bit to see them go i have no doubts about their replacements.

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Boooo..... trading up AKs for ARs because you want to train with 22lr ?? sounds sad.

Just buy a Pair of AKs in .22lr
    Bwahaha!! the GSG .22LR AK feels weird ..lol
    But seriously ..you could go out with a Ruger 10/22 and train, and Im positive much of it will transfer right over to the AK .
    Maybe just more dry firing ???

I don't think I will ever get into ARs , But I said that about Glocks as well ,and currently my Glock30 is my favorite pistol.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Boooo..... trading up AKs for ARs because you want to train with 22lr ?? sounds sad.

Just buy a Pair of AKs in .22lr
    Bwahaha!! the GSG .22LR AK feels weird ..lol
    But seriously ..you could go out with a Ruger 10/22 and train, and Im positive much of it will transfer right over to the AK .
    Maybe just more dry firing ???

I don't think I will ever get into ARs , But I said that about Glocks as well ,and currently my Glock30 is my favorite pistol.

Yea lol...i said the same thing about glocks but i adore my 27. I want to train with the actual weapon, its the best way to really master it. Thats why i got a aa .22 kit for my 27, and already my group size has shrunk to less than half of what it was. That being said, shooting 100 .22s then switching to .40 and letting off a +p round is a bit of a shocker lol

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Maybe look around for an older ATK or WASR-22? They can sometimes need a little TLC to run well but you're not afraid of that... and they are otherwise 90% big-bore AK parts.

I have to say I am better with my CMMG .22 on an AR lower, but I'm not sure how much of it is the rear peep. I need to slap the Tech Sights on the .22 AK and compare. The groups with my cheap Marlin 795 and Tech Sights are still half the size of either, probably due to the longer sight radius.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its bout damn time, i converted you to glock and now i have converted you to ar. My work is done. As for everyone else, the sgl is spoken for, look elsewhere, nothing to see here.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Our little commie-gun-toter has finally come around... ;)

I never thought I'd see the day. I don't know whether to mourn the passing of an AK guy, or celebrate the impending birth of a new AR guy...

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    building two ARs.

You will pay more for the actual ammo if anything were to happen lol 360+ a thousand that is a joke
    I cant believe you are going AR lol I own one but its for the GF 2 shoot lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom