• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    So what does everyone use for powder funnels and accessories?

What about lighting for your table setup. Does LED lighting wash out things to much? Or do you use mixed lighting equipment?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The only funnel I use is a long tube drop funnel for my precision loads.

I switched my florescent work shop light for an LED one. Both work fine. More like is better in general, IMO.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Here's my reloading bench:

FwxjEbW.jpg

I built it from 2x4 Basics components, some 2x4 studs, and some 1" plywood sheets. I had to double-up the plywood sheets on the main work surface to give me enough stability for the leverage of the press.

The light is a 24 inch LED Under Cabinet Light in warm white, from Amazon. Provides plenty of light for this small reloading bench, without glare.

As far as a funnel, I usually use a Lee Powder-Through Expander Die with a Hornady powder measure on top of it. The only times I use a separate funnel is when I screw something up and need to measure out the powder charge for just one casing; in that case I just use the red translucent funnel that came with my Hornady Lock n Load press.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I broke down a long time ago and bought caliber-specific funnels (aluminum funnels with a brass piece on the end that fits over the case mouth and keeps it from tilting). Only takes a few since it only fits over the case mouth.

For lighting I use a magnifier lamp. One with a florescent circular bulb. The magnifier come in handy for checking to see if all cases are filled equally and other tasks for presbyopic eyes.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm really, really disappointed... No one asked to see the poster above the reloading bench? It is gun-related... sort of...

Well, I know you wanted a better look...

oEUG00P.jpg

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I broke down a long time ago and bought caliber-specific funnels (aluminum funnels with a brass piece on the end that fits over the case mouth and keeps it from tilting). Only takes a few since it only fits over the case mouth.

For lighting I use a magnifier lamp. One with a florescent circular bulb. The magnifier come in handy for checking to see if all cases are filled equally and other tasks for presbyopic eyes.

Satern funnels is what I have, caliber specific purchased a while ago when
    Bullets dot com was closing down over half off, so stocked up. Several drop
    tubes used mainly with the Harrell's measures.

As far as lighting fluorescent light fixtures with power cords, they were throwing
    them in the dumpster all different lengths take T8 tubes
    120volt Troffers and other stuff

and a swing arm desk lamp like this one..
    https://www.amazon.com/Globe-Electric-56963-Multi-Joint-Metal/dp/B00HX2EVPS/ref=sr_1_23

-Rock

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The onl funnel I routinely use is glued to the top of a 36" drop tube used to load BP rifle cartridges. For lighting I have a mix- 100W equivalent daylight LED in the ceiling fixtures, 12" fluorescent fixtures under the wall cabinet above the main bench and an Inline Fabrication skylight with overhead and frame mounted LEDs on the LNL AP press.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Just like sex, I reload in the dark by touch and hope everything gets where it needs to go.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm really, really disappointed... No one asked to see the poster above the reloading bench? It is gun-related... sort of...

Well, I know you wanted a better look...

oEUG00P.jpg

I saw it, and my first thought was "Damn, that's an old poster. Look how straight those skis are, no shape at all!"

As for OP, only funnel I use is my Lee one that came with my single-stage kit. Only time I'm funneling powder is when I've thrown a check-weight load and it's on the money, so I use the funnel to put it into the casing.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I saw it, and my first thought was "Damn, that's an old poster. Look how straight those skis are, no shape at all!"

Off on a tangent here, but yup... Head 360's; and the poster is from about 1972, if I recall. Days of Billy Kidd and like that. God I loved (and love) that poster.

Wife and daughter say it doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, yes it does... :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Off on a tangent here, but yup... Head 360's; and the poster is from about 1972, if I recall. Days of Billy Kidd and like that. God I loved (and love) that poster.

Wife and daughter say it doesn't make any sense at all. Yes, yes it does... :)

Then why do they say K2 on the tips???????? :D

And the poster is a K2 poster.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I didn’t notice any skis. Can you turn the poster around so I can see the rear with those buttless chaps. Yummy

Back to the OP statesmen’s, actually screw that let’s talk about the girl poster more.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Then why do they say K2 on the tips???????? :D

And the poster is a K2 poster.

Doh. I must have been looking somewhere else on the poster.

At the gun and holster, of course.

Actually, I was looking at the "366/USA" on the tails, and thought I saw "360." That was in the days before I was skiing on K2's...

buttless chaps

You're sick, Mister. I'm pretty sure she's wearing jeans. At least I see a silver-buckle belt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom