• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BanjoPicker

Aug 29, 2014
    Harford
    I stopped by last weekend. They stated that they where changing ownership, and that the store isnt actually closing. (again they dont exactly have a history of telling me or many others the truth)

I will mirror the lack of discount on prices though. A few firearms had decent discounts, but not much else. Even the old school incandencent surefires (kroma, original backup, and a few others) were listed at MSRP. I ended up walking out with a few boxes of 45acp paying just a few cents below walmart prices.

Feb 28, 2013
    I stopped by last weekend. They stated that they where changing ownership, and that the store isnt actually closing. (again they dont exactly have a history of telling me or many others the truth)

Damn. I'm gonna miss Shelly bending over in front of me.

e40bib

Feb 13, 2011
    Used to stop in and shoot the sh$t with Bob when he was next to 7-11 always got along with him, but that was prob. 23 years ago or so. Bought a Rolex and a Super Redhawk from him, still have both.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    New ownership? I wonder who that is. Hopefully they will have better prices than before. I used to walk in and the prices on ammo looked like they were just buying ammo at Walmart and marking up the prices from that price. Taking advantage of the new comers that have no idea what things should cost.

NDB

Apr 23, 2014
    Kingsville
    New owner opened up as Top Gun and Jewelry LLC. I stopped in last Tuesday to take a look and I think the guy has the right idea and definitely a fresh breath to what was there. I liked Shelly, but there were never what I would call any deals there but it was convenient to where I live. The new guy mentioned he had a background as manufactures rep and seemed nice enough. It's sparse in there but he is working on building it up. One thing I was very pleased to see was reloading supplies and especially the fact that they were reasonably priced... keeps me from having to go to PA and he even had the near imposable to find Titegroup in 1 & 4lb and had primers at prices from over a year ago ($14 less than I paid at Clark Bros 2 weeks ago for CCI small pistol). I was so encouraged, I continued into Bel Air to a security agency to finally get around to filing for my HQL... something that I had put off due to block-headed stubborn principal. As far as ammo is concerned and since it is back everywhere... kind of hard for a small shop to compete with volume outlets, but the prices were close enough to make it worth supporting a local gun shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom