• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    An acquaintance of mine went in this store just before 10/1 to buy a lower. He filled out all the paperwork, paid, picked up his lower and walked out of the store. I told him it was nuts and I'm sure they'd realize their error. A few months later they called and told him he was "not disapproved" and he could come in to pick up his lower anytime.

Oddly enough what he did seems largely legal once you start breaking down the laws.

It's just that MSP doesn't see it that way yet...but they've got a good bit wrong before (denial of 8th day release, .22 copy cats as regulated, Saiga 12 not C&C) so take it for what it's worth.

I'm of the belief, and so are others, that AR lowers SHOULD BE C&C according to the law. Once MSP catches on I'll be buying mine again.

They shouldn't be selling them as "handguns" because THEY COULD BE made into a handgun. They should be sold not regulated as they could also be made in HBAR configuration which is legal for C&C. If the person who buys the lower plans on making it a pistol it would be on them to follow the registration law (if it even applies...I haven't looked into that aspect of it).

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    Oddly enough what he did seems largely legal once you start breaking down the laws.

It's just that MSP doesn't see it that way yet...but they've got a good bit wrong before (denial of 8th day release, .22 copy cats as regulated, Saiga 12 not C&C) so take it for what it's worth.

I'm of the belief, and so are others, that AR lowers SHOULD BE C&C according to the law. Once MSP catches on I'll be buying mine again.

They shouldn't be selling them as "handguns" because THEY COULD BE made into a handgun. They should be sold not regulated as they could also be made in HBAR configuration which is legal for C&C. If the person who buys the lower plans on making it a pistol it would be on them to follow the registration law (if it even applies...I haven't looked into that aspect of it).

I'm sorry, but I don't even know what you're talking about. You can't even buy lowers in MD and you're saying you'll start again once MSP catches on.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm sorry, but I don't even know what you're talking about. You can't even buy lowers in MD and you're saying you'll start again once MSP catches on.

Yes, you can buy lowers in MD. New ruling, since they can be made into HBARs or pistols, both of which are still legal.

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    I guess you don't keep up with the latest and greatest news then.

You're right, I haven't. Been away from this board for a couple months and totally missed it. Thank you for the info!

And to Eruby, not sure why I'd be banned??? Originally was just sharing an experience about the store that this thread was about...

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    You're right, I haven't. Been away from this board for a couple months and totally missed it. Thank you for the info!

And to Eruby, not sure why I'd be banned??? Originally was just sharing an experience about the store that this thread was about...

But wait....you just joined this month...something does not compute....

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Well, the Gun Rack in Burtonsville closed its doors on the 28th of June (after 28 years) and Constitutional Firearms closed at the end of May (after a brief 2 year stint), both as a result of SB 281, and the shop in Elkridge is relocating to DE, so there are three that bit the dust, and all were worth keeping aboard.

Yeah, I'd say the Bill is doing what its sponsors had hoped it would.

Lew--Ranger63
    Unsafe, MD 20769

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    dckhd247, I saw you joined today, and the second of your four (now) posts (all in this thread) seemed to me to be trollish.

And your screen name looks to be dickhead twenty four seven.

If I was wrong, I apologize and will say Mea Culpa.

dckhd247

Jul 23, 2014
    dckhd247, I saw you joined today, and the second of your four (now) posts (all in this thread) seemed to me to be trollish.

And your screen name looks to be dickhead twenty four seven.

If I was wrong, I apologize and will say Mea Culpa.

Understood. Wasn't being a troll at all. I just didn't have the info on the lower thing since it just seems to have happened within the last 10 days or so.(which kinda makes me feel like my pre-october lower isn't as special now)

And yeah, its dickhead. But it's just a name. I'm cool. :D

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Not a great selection when I was in there... a sporterized 43 Mosin for $400-500, 223 ammo at 75 cents a round after discount...

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    Bought 1 gun when they were next to 7-11 they were A-holes. I never went back but have bought many guns since then from somewhere else, perhaps if they hadn't been such elitist D-bags the first time all my subsequent purchases would have been from them. Multiply my experience by many others and you end up with what they have now, a lousy rep for service and a failed business.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Bank Gun & Pawn is done. Went by a few weeks ago, and was sad to see that they had closed up.

Gun Connection has been good to me. I've gotten some fair deals there, and the guys all seemed fine.

I don't think I'll miss Bel Air Gun much. The old guys were grumpy, as if it was a bother to have to talk to me. Too bad for them.

Are you sure Bank and Gun Pawn is closed for good? Being it is a family business they sometimes close their store for family issues or vacations.

Just up the street is Estate Brokers of Maryland who was going or has closed. To add to that, the owner ran afoul by selling stun/taser guns in Harford Mall earlier this year.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I do not believe the Bank Gun & Pawn is closed as I heard reports less than a week ago that they were selling lowers. I have not been there in awhile and need to go there to confirm. They do close up shop for a couple weeks in the summer for vacation.

Estate Brokers has been closed for awhile now and it didn't close just because of the stun gun issue. I purchased several guns from there (don't know why I kept going back) and Debra had been losing business for awhile before the stun gun/taser issue...mainly due to not being there half the time, forgetting to send paperwork to MSP and several other reasons. Deb is a good lady but her businees ethics leave alot to be desired.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Okay, so there were two gunshops in almost the same block? I must be thinking of Estate Brokers. They were definitely closed. I'll have to take another trip, then. Seems that my GPS has led me astray.

Crap - just checked Google maps. I was two blocks off. I'll try again next Saturday.

Glock9mm,

I did not want to imply the stun issue was the reason Estate brokers closed, it was more oh by the way comment.

I also had a number of good dealings with Debra in the past, but during the backlog last year she did not do herself any good by raising transfer fees once we had an agreement. As you stated she was not in the store most of the times when I was there looking to do some last minute transfers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom