ZO.jpg
      35.3 KB · Views: 255
    • g36k2.jpg
      g36k2.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 253

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I like my TA33A-11, it is crystal clear. I need to save my money for a TA31RCO-A4CP to use on my 20" A4 clone. Trijicon is pricey but it is so nice.

6940Front.jpeg

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Watched a couple vids on youtube. The vcog is nice, but thats alot of money. Ill take an acog for less lol

Youtube sucks. If they loaded their videos like they did the stupid ass ad's they would be great. Takes 10 minutes to watch a 3 min video.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    These optics cost more than the rifle.

on my when I hit the lotto list.

Elcan Spectre DR
    US optics 1-8x
    Trijicon 6X
    VCOG
    Leupold 1-8x
    Gen 4 NV weapons sight

For the real shortlist:
    Eotech 517, Lucid 2-5x magnifier on a LaRue FTS mount- for a 16"Tavor
    Leupold HAMR , Delta point for an 18" tavor
    Lucid M7 Microdot for a Benelli M4

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Well with our limited purchase options in the future it does leave more room to spend on upgrading optics. Maybe I will have an Elcan Specter DR one day.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    as of right now im leaning toward the accupoint 1-4 for my m4gery, and the 4-20 for my next build.

reasons as of now im liking the accupoint over the acog:
    1. adjustable light flow from the fiberoptic
    2. ease of adding flip up caps
    3. eye relief. ill keep it set on 2x most of the time, giving me aboug 3" of eye relief.

things i dont like:
    1. reticle...the simple triangle is ok, but they could benefit from a better system.
    2. not as rugged, not to say it isint tough, but the acog sets a pretty high bar

i am not that worried about the reticle, or more so the lack of bdc...with a 50 yard zero it seems there is not much of a need for bdc out to 250 yards or so, as the poa/poi shift seems to stays fairly close.

as far as the 5-20 goes, wish they had a red version with the mildot, but green and amber are the only options...which would be better?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Accupoints are nice. Being not as rugged is relative. Yes, not as rugged as ACOGs, but still more rugged than most scopes, certainly within a comparable price range.

Have you seen the reticle in person? I like it. If you've used a triangle or chevron ACOG, the Accupoint reticle makes perfect sense and complements the ACOG offerings. As for BDC to 250 yards or so, you're talking about the difference from the top tip of the triangle to the bottom of the triangle. Just aim accordingly. It's simple. I prefer green. Many folks prefer amber or red. ACOG red reticles tend to oversaturate/bloom in direct sunlight, hence owners put electrical tape over much or all of the light pipe. The red reticles also get the most complaints in low-light and night conditions (when tritium takes over). Green is the easiest color for the human eye to see at night.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Id consider the swfa 1-6 if you're considering the accupoint. And after my friends recent dealing with trijicon i would need an unbelievable deal to buy any of their products

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    please, do tell.

He had a front sight on his glock that failed. He sent them pictures, then sent the sight in for evaluation. It took over a month to get him a replacement sight, he had to routinely call and follow up because nobody would get back to him on the status of the replacement. But to be without a sight/gun for over a month waiting on they customer service is ridiculous to me, especially when other companies offer similar products with better service

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    He had a front sight on his glock that failed. He sent them pictures, then sent the sight in for evaluation. It took over a month to get him a replacement sight, he had to routinely call and follow up because nobody would get back to him on the status of the replacement. But to be without a sight/gun for over a month waiting on they customer service is ridiculous to me, especially when other companies offer similar products with better service

A month turnaround time is not unreasonable from my POV for a repair.

I recently ordered sights direct from Troy and had to wait about seven weeks to get them, having paid in full upfront. The wait was frustrating. On the other hand, what Troy finally sent me were upgraded sights not available on the open market as of then. I was glad I waited.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I put a Leupold VX.R Hog scope (x1.25-x4) onto my AK47 and it quickly retired the Aimpoint Pro that was on it previously. Even shooting with minimum magnification I preferred it.
    http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/hog-riflescopes/vx-r-hog-1-25-4x20mm-30mm/

This is a low end "good" quality scope, if that makes sense to you. Certainly nothing high speed, low drag, but also not trash either, while still being easy on the wallet.

Now that I have picked up my new AK74 (thanks Engage!), I"m looking to pick up another variable magnification optic. Future post with experiences.

Gundahar

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    A month turnaround time is not unreasonable from my POV for a repair.

I recently ordered sights direct from Troy and had to wait about seven weeks to get them, having paid in full upfront. The wait was frustrating. On the other hand, what Troy finally sent me were upgraded sights not available on the open market as of then. I was glad I waited.

Having my main carry gun be out of commission for a month, due to an obvious fail on the trijicon part for something they had in stock just were "investigating"for 30 days is unreasonable to me. It was not repairable and receiving the sight, and dropping a new one in the mail shouldn't take over a month. A mistake on website inventory is different to me then a warranty replacement.

I've also read that swfa has sent people replacement Scopes for problems they are having and just ask them to return the old one in the box.

2 companies I've personally dealt with recently that were much better on customer service IMO was
    Battle arms- IMO Roger and his company is the gold standard for service (answers emails within minutes at 1 am on weekends) and never wants you to be without a working gun. So he will ship to you replacement parts before you even send anything back, and their exchange program is amazing.

Daniel defense- i got ripped off on a fake dd rail, sent it in to dd no knowing it was fake and they offeredme a replacement at dealer cost and installed it on my upper for free and paid shipping both ways. And did it within a 10 day period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom