• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Looked into them . Have a friend there and his father shoots there . It’s a range . I ended up at AGC . Just didn’t seem new comer friendly. But with that said was only there once so not sure if that’s a fair assessment. Kind of went with what my friend was telling me also and price .

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah , that is sad if you feel money is more important then freedoms and the fact the club has been there longer then most of the other things around it now .
    The club wants and acts in a way that it has tried and succeeded in ways to reduce noise and spent hundred of thousands of dollars to do so . The club promotes save shooting and hunter safety programs , shooting events for disabled vets , kid safety .
    I am a member and have attended many meetings and have always felt they have the general public and members in mind when operating the facility .

Safety is very important .
    I have been to Stony Creek if they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars ,they must of buried it in the sand it looks like it’s falling apart. I get the impression it’s a good old boys club. Where I don’t see that in Marriottsville that’s where I am going

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have been to Stony Creek if they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars ,they must of buried it in the sand it looks like it’s falling apart. I get the impression it’s a good old boys club. Where I don’t see that in Marriottsville that’s where I am going

That is a cool story , have a good time shooting in Marriotsville :thumbsup: .

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park

How long has it been since you were there? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Every shooting booth has been completely rebuilt within the last two months. Is this your attempt to justify your decision to choose AGC over Stony Creek?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    How long has it been since you were there? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Every shooting booth has been completely rebuilt within the last two months. Is this your attempt to justify your decision to choose AGC over Stony Creek?

That is why i answered the way i did , there is concrete walls and entire soundproof shooting booths .
    For me the club is exactly what i look for , i was accepted in the club the moment i was voted it .With being sponsored in it gives the sense we are getting a good member and one that understands safety .

My number one thing is safety and the club from what i have seen is safe .

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    That is why i answered the way i did , there is concrete walls and entire soundproof shooting booths .
    For me the club is exactly what i look for , i was accepted in the club the moment i was voted it .With being sponsored in it gives the sense we are getting a good member and one that understands safety .

I was there for hunter sight in , u say they did renovations maybe I should reconsider it was very run down and dark , I remember a big guy there was in charge of the sight in . They were explaining about the eyebrow adjustment thought it was a strange set up never saw anything like that before.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was there for hunter sight in , u say they did renovations maybe I should reconsider it was very run down and dark , I remember a big guy there was in charge of the sight in . They were explaining about the eyebrow adjustment thought it was a strange set up never saw anything like that before.

If you don't like it stay away during the sight ins , it is no skin off me . You don't like it don't go . I respect the fact you get to say what you want , you also have the right to be wrong about facts .
    If you were a guest of a friend then tell your friend you will never go again .

Everything there at the club is a result of a bunch of complaining Karen's & Ken's complaining about noise from a gun range they moved near after the range has been there since the 30's or 40's .
    But i think we all understand you don't like it . SMH

group shooter

Nov 14, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    If you don't like it stay away during the sight ins , it is no skin off me . You don't like it don't go . I respect the fact you get to say what you want , you also have the right to be wrong about facts .
    If you were a guest of a friend then tell your friend you will never go again .

Everything there at the club is a result of a bunch of complaining Karen's & Ken's complaining about noise from a gun range they moved near after the range has been there since the 30's or 40's .
    But i think we all understand you don't like it . SMH

All I was saying is I thought that eyebrow setup was strange ,I have shot in a lot of ranges and never saw anything like that tell me what I am wrong about . Since u are a member u could give the inside scoop so I don’t waste my money,things are getting more expensive by the day and I would like to find something closer then ASC if I can

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m confused what do you mean eyebrow

It is a device (door) that raises and lowers (on winch cable) to contain your field of vision which keeps the rifle or pistol muzzle in a smaller field .

That will also reduce sound coming out of the shooting bay or tunnel in which you would shoot .
    Noise reduction and live bullets is the purpose of it .

Just as if you lower your eyebrow you create a smaller field of vision .

Lisa6821

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks
    When I lived in Colorado I shot at a range in we shot through tubes
    It wasn’t very enjoyable noise was gross

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thanks
    When I lived in Colorado I shot at a range in we shot through tubes
    It wasn’t very enjoyable noise was gross

You have to keep in mind these updates or range improvements are a result in others infringing on a club that has been there a very long time .

Truth be known i would rather shoot on a piece of property that was mine , if you choose to shoot at a facility owned by others you must then comply with their rules .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    All I was saying is I thought that eyebrow setup was strange ,I have shot in a lot of ranges and never saw anything like that tell me what I am wrong about . Since u are a member u could give the inside scoop so I don’t waste my money,things are getting more expensive by the day and I would like to find something closer then ASC if I can

I am a member here that is very approachable , send me a PM i will call you or meet with you .
    That way we get a better sense of of your intentions and you get a better sense on where i stand .

I am very open , but the assessments could be a hurdle for some . I live and work 10 minutes from the club and for me that is more important then the money .
    The club may not be for all and i get that .

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

They spent quite a bit of money just putting the 30 ft high property line berm up 20 years ago. Also put up a high fence with gate card access, concrete walls to separate pistol ranges from rifle ranges, rebuilt the undercovered areas with bullet deflection over the rebuilt berms. Yep. Then spent a few hundred thousand dollars. And, also yes, just completed a rebuild of all the shooting stations. That doesn't include fighting legal BS from the Compass Pointe homeowners who bought homes near a gun club, then tried to do them in by claiming noise issues mostly because they just st didn't want to be near a shooting range.

Yes, the range assesments can be a hurdle. But also be aware that every single member has had to pay that assessment even if they were already long time members before the range improvements began. We lost a quarter of our membership over the range assesments when they were first put in place. But, you can pay it over a few years which makes the total yearly cost not much different than some other ranges. After the range assessments are paid, as long as you get your 16 hrs work per year in, the yearly cost is actually quite reasonable.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They spent quite a bit of money just putting the 30 ft high property line berm up 20 years ago. Also put up a high fence with gate card access, concrete walls to separate pistol ranges from rifle ranges, rebuilt the undercovered areas with bullet deflection over the rebuilt berms. Yep. Then spent a few hundred thousand dollars. And, also yes, just completed a rebuild of all the shooting stations. That doesn't include fighting legal BS from the Compass Pointe homeowners who bought homes near a gun club, then tried to do them in by claiming noise issues mostly because they just st didn't want to be near a shooting range.

Thank You for splaining better then I . :thumbsup:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Also, where else can we go to a range and be our own range safety officer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom