• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Up for grabs 2 One Book/ One Caliber reloading manuals. One is .44mag and other is .44 Special. Winner gets both books. These are the little plastic bound ones you see at gun shows. Your post number will be your entry. I'll let it run until Fri, evening 9/2. Shipping is on me.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    OK folks. My apologies. I went to visit friends at their mountain home and stayed longer than planned. With no internet. The winner is
    Doitsouthstyle with #11. PM sent.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    As a word of caution to the winner and anybody that buys these books. Verify the load data in it against current load data. Sometimes the load data in OB/OC is a from the previous edition or older manual from a manufacturer. I know I found out of date load data in the ones I have for .40 S&W and .308.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    As a word of caution to the winner and anybody that buys these books. Verify the load data in it against current load data. Sometimes the load data in OB/OC is a from the previous edition or older manual from a manufacturer. I know I found out of date load data in the ones I have for .40 S&W and .308.

That is why everyone should have more than one manual and always cross check a new load to see if it sounds reasonable. If it doesn't pass the "smell test" do more research before you try it. It really scares me that some people will take any load they find anywhere (it was on the internet so it must be true) and start loading without checking. I want to see at least two similar loads in two published references before I will risk my firearms or my body to see if it works.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    That is why everyone should have more than one manual and always cross check a new load to see if it sounds reasonable. If it doesn't pass the "smell test" do more research before you try it. It really scares me that some people will take any load they find anywhere (it was on the internet so it must be true) and start loading without checking. I want to see at least two similar loads in two published references before I will risk my firearms or my body to see if it works.

Agreed, I check manual load data to powder maker load data to reloading die load data. So far all have matched so this is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom