• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Not sure where to ask this so I'll start here. I have 3 stripped pre ban lowers, 2 sequential RRA and a Tac Sol billet, and want to build an SBR. Is there a downside to using these lowers as opposed to buying a new one. PSA has a good price on their blem full lowers this weekend. $159 vs $299 normally they say. They are Magpul MOE outfitted, They also have non blem B5 SOPMPD lowers for $179 vs $249 normally. Actually this make me also wonder why a blem Magpul lower is normally more expensive than a non blem B5 SOPMOD.
    I'll never be able to get what I paid for my lowers today so that is the incentive to use one but I seem to remember someone in a thread saying not to do this.Save them for something else. Also have RRA LRPK's with 2 stage triggers I can use. Or some DPMS LRPK's.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Use what you have. Even when SBR'd, you can switch to a mid or lightweight upper if you want.

For you those lowers have added value. You can build whatever you want with them. To others they are just another lower.

Feb 28, 2013
    A new lower as opposed to one of your pre-bans would be subject to MD's 29" OAL requirement as an SBR.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Thanks Nate. You just confirmed what I thought to be the case. Just out of curiosity are SBRs supposed to be Hbars also? I already have a lite upper to do the build. I'm legal as I have an MG I can put it on to cover my butt while waiting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom