• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    im not even really sure what to say, really...i had a feeling his time was running out when he ended up in the hospital awhile back with heart problems.

i regret never getting a chance to sit down and share a bottle of vodka with the man.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    "In your country they give out patents - in my country they give out medals." I believe this is one of the lines in Mr Kalashnikov's conversation with Dr Eugene Stoner. He was a hard core communist and patriot for his motherland. He changed the landscape of the world. A group of villagers resisting oppression with sticks is called an uprsising. The same villagers with Ak47's and that is now called a revolution. And he knew that.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    vietnam-memorial1.jpg

Many of these men thank you for the kind thoughts. :sad20:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    so are we supposed to be happy to see him die because his design was used by our enemies?

get over it

many lost their lives to our 1903 rifles, do you think people are mad at the germans as a result? (for those who dont know, the 1903 springfield was copied off of the german mauser rifles).

the modern assault rifle would probably not exist today if it were not for MK, the STG may have came first, but it was the AK that proved the advantages of the platform.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    vietnam-memorial1.jpg

Many of these men thank you for the kind thoughts. :sad20:

With all due respect to the names on that wall...I thought that people kill people? Kalashnikov was heavily wounded in a tank battle. I am not sure how many lives he personally claimed. And that is how I define having blood on one's hand. I wonder if Teller, Oppenheimer, and Einstein slept well at night.

Hunter.50cal

Oct 5, 2012
    Annapolis
    A great loss to the world of arms. And he never got rich off his 100 million plus creations. It was all for mother Russia. The man quite possibly changed the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom