• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I've got a good amount of experience with both the Accupoint and ACOG.

The Accupoint has true 1X magnification. An ACOG will never be as fast up close. The green triangle seems to "bloom" less than the ACOG chevron and be less fatiguing on the eye in my opinion. The Accupoint has better eye relief than the ACOG. I shoot a TA11 ACOG. That is the only way to go in the ACOG family. They are bigger and there is a bit of a weight and cost penalty but the extra eye relief is worth it. I had a TA31 with the 1.5" eye relief and couldn't sell it fast enough.

The bad with the Accupoint is that it is optically inferior to the ACOG. The Accupoint has some fish eye to it that you won't find in an ACOG. The Accupoint also lacks any sort of ballistic reticle to help with longer shots. I am not about to torture test either optic, but I suspect the ACOG to be more rugged.

I also have some time behind the SWFA 1-6 Super Sniper. I'd choose it over both the ACOG or Accupoint. The only real advantage the Trijicon products have over the Super Sniper is that they don't need batteries for the illumination to work, and the ACOG is probably still my top pick for rugged dependability. The optics on the Super Sniper are definitely better than the Accupoint. The bottom line is all 3 optics I mentioned are good options.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

The Accupoint has true 1X magnification. An ACOG will never be as fast up close. The green triangle seems to "bloom" less than the ACOG chevron and be less fatiguing on the eye in my opinion. The Accupoint has better eye relief than the ACOG. I shoot a TA11 ACOG. That is the only way to go in the ACOG family. They are bigger and there is a bit of a weight and cost penalty but the extra eye relief is worth it. I had a TA31 with the 1.5" eye relief and couldn't sell it fast enough.

The bad with the Accupoint is that it is optically inferior to the ACOG. The Accupoint has some fish eye to it that you won't find in an ACOG. The Accupoint also lacks any sort of ballistic reticle to help with longer shots. I am not about to torture test either optic, but I suspect the ACOG to be more rugged.

I also have some time behind the SWFA 1-6 Super Sniper. I'd choose it over both the ACOG or Accupoint. The only real advantage the Trijicon products have over the Super Sniper is that they don't need batteries for the illumination to work, and the ACOG is probably still my top pick for rugged dependability. The optics on the Super Sniper are definitely better than the Accupoint. The bottom line is all 3 optics I mentioned are good options.

Thank you for the informative write-up. I took a look at the ACOG TA11 and the other ACOG's and, yeah, the eye relief of the TA11 sets it apart from the rest. Beyond that, when you add Aimpoints and others to the mix, it is a challenge deciding which way to go.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV

nice writeup, thanks. it really is a hard call to make lol

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    And just to throw anther choice in there, the vortex pst 1-4x i snagged a used one for $300 the other night and got it yesterday. I like the reticle and the .25moa center dot for more precision shots. They are under 500 new and get great reviews. The glass might not be as crystal clear as a leupold vxr patrol, swfa ss or accupoint, i don't have them all to compare but it's pretty clear IMO and a great value. Plus lifetime warranty for any owner.
    I also snagged an American defense recon x mount for $130. So for under $450 I'll have a pretty nice set up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

I also have the SWFA 1-6x in a Bobro mount and highly recommend it. The glass is as good if not better than my Night Force scopes. Its only real draw back is weight and its best at 1x or 6x, the in between magnifications get a little busy due to the first focal plane reticle.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Ill PM you. may try to go this weekend. last Saturday morning was a zoo down there. About 150 people waiting. Weekdays may be better.

You can compare the Eotech 3x vs TA31

Set targets at 15, 25, 50 , 100 yards.

You can shoot at 15 then engage scaled down targets at 100. Quick shots to simulate engagements at various distances.

This is when eye relief and parallax come out and wreak havoc with our shots.

For me, the Eotech fts 3x set up beats the TA31...... But its me, not the sight. When I was younger, my eyes can switch from OEG/BAC mode to magnified view in an instant. Not anymore... It sucks to get older

The eye relief on the TA31 is aout 1.6". Its not that great, the lower magnification models actually have better eye relief at around 2.6" and are faster to acquire.

BDC are also abit off... I think, these are calibrated to sea level. Some DOPE or holdover is required. But not much.
    yall bring it to my place so i can peep it out too! rapid fire is allowed and no wait in line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom