• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Innocent people have struck plea bargains, and will continue to do so.

Few can afford the cost of an effective defense against a veritable legal army paid by the government. WSJ had an article recently about the decline of trial by jury; seems the prosecutors load the defendant with so many charges that, should they lose, they'd spend decades in prison. Defendants will usually take the bargain, since they don't fancy spending most of the remainder of their days in a greybar hotel.

Not fair, but it's the way it is.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Dupe - this has been an open discussion for a while; her sentencing is covered in the latter posts of this thread - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=66095. edleary1227 posted the suspension of her law license in Post #36. Boondock Saint posted sentencing in Post 41.
    Sorry, I don't have the time to filter thru all the BS in the WC. That thread should have been stickied or something.

Innocent people have struck plea bargains, and will continue to do so.

Few can afford the cost of an effective defense against a veritable legal army paid by the government. WSJ had an article recently about the decline of trial by jury; seems the prosecutors load the defendant with so many charges that, should they lose, they'd spend decades in prison. Defendants will usually take the bargain, since they don't fancy spending most of the remainder of their days in a greybar hotel.

Not fair, but it's the way it is.
    I guess I value my honor and dignity more than she does. Being from PG, I'm sure she got some tips from Jack Johnson.

You don't spend much time around the criminal justice system, do you?
    No I don't, but what does that have to do with anything? I'm not going to get indicted for 1 charge much less plea out of a whole slew of charges.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    She's taking a plea bargain not an Alfred plea (meaning she maintains innocence but is conceding that the state has enough evidence to prosecute her).

At least she basically admitted she was wrong. However I actually agree with haloeboy for the 2nd time since I joined here. It doesn't look good at all.

It was hopeful, an AA female supporting 2A was a great look but this is just like when police get arrested it makes everyone look bad.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    "Stealing from the General Assembly" LOL. Is that like murdering a Manson family member? They steal from us on a daily basis, maybe they deserve to taste their own medicine.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Dwyer has been an incredible friend to the 2nd Amendment in Maryland. He made a mistake, and there will be consequences for it, but let's not forget that he has always been a friend of the 2A.

As for the main thread, we don't back candidates, it's outside our charter. She does though display an interest in learning about the issue, whereas other people will text on their phones or star off into space.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    She's taking a plea bargain not an Alfred plea (meaning she maintains innocence but is conceding that the state has enough evidence to prosecute her).

At least she basically admitted she was wrong. However I actually agree with haoleboy for the 2nd time since I joined here. It doesn't look good at all.

It was hopeful, an AA female supporting 2A was a great look but this is just like when police get arrested it makes everyone look bad.
    Hey Thanks! :D

Being a crooked politician from PG and a member of the Legislative Black Caucus, I really don't think she has my best interests at heart concerning the 2-A or anything else in my life for that matter. Yet people have the nerve to call me racist. :sad20:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Actually during 2a bill hearings she pays attention, listens, asks good questions and sometimes makes connections.

This is in contrast to others who text, play online or zone out like they don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom