• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So what? So it's a screwed up poll. I mean, really - who cares? Except you.

Well, it is some useful information. It means if you are going to campaign this is area you not to get some part of the vote/change mind. And then you need to carry as many of the other to win out the metro areas.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    This thread has some useful information in it but the fact that someone mentioned the PP or you see a WWNC shirt in it seems to trigger you.
    Everyone knows you don’t like the PP, we all get it. You do nothing but criticize them in almost every post you make. I don’t agree with everything they do, but they have more energy and put a great deal of effort into their fight so I fully support them, just like MSI, SAF, and the NRA. You tell us repeatedly about how many tax returns you have to do, how little time you have to shoot, how much car repair you do.
    Nobody cares. This stuff just gets old. You can’t seem to stay away from any thread that mentions the PP without a derogatory comment. You must just like the attention I guess, I have no idea.
    You’re just being ridiculous. Stop. Please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a big supporter of various organizations. Since this thread has gone off on a tangent I wanted to post some information about one that does a lot of great work. Just general information https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I’m a big supporter of various organizations. Since this thread has gone off on a tangent I wanted to post some information about one that does a lot of great work. Just general information https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx

Along the same line and slightly more relevant to what we are seeing today:

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/...la-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

I think this brings up the question, do you believe in vaccinating your kids?

How do you feel about governments in the US requiring children be vaccinated before they are allowed to be in public places? I believe there are laws that have been passed like this recently. About as easy to enforce as UBC.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Besides the point. "We are doing a great job" should be over 80%.

Yes and no. For all we know, they polled 130 antis. The results would be skewed then. If they only polled conservatives in those counties, then yes, the results are terrible no matter how you slice it. I need to go back and understand how they conducted the poll. Granted, it is red Maryland. Doubt many conservatives are visiting Red Maryland.

What might be even more troubling, is that there were only 148 people that took the poll. Guess it is time to click on that link and see exactly how the poll was conducted.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Yes and no. For all we know, they polled 130 antis. The results would be skewed then. If they only polled conservatives in those counties, then yes, the results are terrible no matter how you slice it. I need to go back and understand how they conducted the poll. Granted, it is red Maryland. Doubt many conservatives are visiting Red Maryland.

What might be even more troubling, is that there were only 148 people that took the poll. Guess it is time to click on that link and see exactly how the poll was conducted.

Readership is low during march. During the silly (campaign) season they typically get 10x or more.

But yeah, its primarily a blog read by establishment Republicans in MD. 75% of respondents would vote for Trump. In MD... that's quite a number even among Republicans!

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    I come to the Md2A forum to find out what is going on with these bills, not to read about how "great" PP is doing in the fight. Chad just created a section for PP posts in his IP forum, yet this one is started in Md2A once again. I know, don't click on it. I know, I know, I know. However, I saw the OP was Bob A, whom I respect immensely, so I said "what the hell". Posted a response and turned off instant e-mail notifications, but they keep on coming and coming. I am living in a nightmare and need to join MDS-anonymous. Might have to just mark MDS mail as spam for the time being.

Ok, just realized why I clicked on the thread. The title is:

"Useful information from our MD Senators."

Heck, I would love to read about useful information from our MD Senators.
    Instead, it turned out to be "Conservative politicians think the PP is doing a great job"

I've been writing plenty. Like I already said, my own reps are letting me down this year, with the exception of Kittleman. Last year, I never thought that would be the case. Then, there was an election. Miller, Kittleman, and Bates always wrote me back in prior years. Miller was always a canned response stating that he supported the 2nd Amendment, but crickets from him this entire session. Both Kittleman and Bates would send me personal responses stating that they support the 2nd Amendment. Granted, I had met and spoken to both Kittleman and Bates in the community. Have yet to run into Miller though. Katie Fry Hester ran on a platform of "common sense" gun control, so I doubt I'll be getting a response from her. She beat Bates in last year's election.

Thing is, I don't come on here and post copies of every e-mail/letter I send, then say how great a job I am doing with my writing and phone calls (i.e., self congratulating myself), and how much I am having an effect in this fight (i.e., self congratulating myself once more).

Why does Md2A have to be the PP forum still? Have Norton or somebody else move this to Chad's forum and let Chad edit away.

Last but not least, we don't need to appeal to the people that already have their CCW permits, those that willingly open carry long guns, those that are extremely conservative, those that are steadfast supporters of the 2nd Amendment, etc. They are already on our side and we already have their vote. High fives and back slaps from them are meaningless. We need to appeal to Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left. When we are receiving congrats and compliments from the Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left, then we are winning. Not even sure whether the local news covering WWNC is a plus or a minus. Just because one makes the news, is not necessarily a good thing. Lots of bad news out there. Is the local news media running this stuff because it agrees with us, or for shock value for its base of viewers?

Sorry you misunderstood my post.
    Thanks for all the work you do for our fight.
    Did not mean to imply that the PP had anything as far as the post went.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    In high school one year, my phys ed teacher (Daniel Palumbo) was the football coach. Some of his players and the varsity soccer goalie in the class too.

Coach is calling roll one day, and goalie's name is called.
    "Here Dan" is goalies reply.

Coach walks over, points a finger in goalies face and says "Hadjy, even my wife doesn't call me Dan! She calls me Mr. Palumbo".

Everyone got coaches drift.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Fabsroman likes to use my first name like we are friends.

He uses it in a disparaging manner, similar to the way he drops my last name when speaking about the bumpstock lawsuit.

Two and a half weeks until tax day and every good CPA is up to their elbows in alligators and all we have here is a steady stream of

giphy.gif

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Last night I had three possibly viewpoint changing conversations:
    • I had a discussion about why we were wearing our shirts with what I found out was a group of Baltimore County Young Democrats, down for a tour. They thought we were a union group.
    • I had a chat with a group of high school state medalists, down for recognition in th Senate. Rack subsequently chatted them up further.
    • I had one of the Aides (Grey jackets) ask me what we were. I asked her if she knew about the anti-gun groups, and she said yes. I then told her we were the pro-gun, civil rights supporting group. She understood, and told several of her fellow aides.
    These were by no means isolated events; I saw conversations with PP shirts taking place all over.
    Minor note - those are Pages - high school students volunteering for a two-week rotation in the legislature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom