• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 19, 2016
    I was wondering if any of the local gun clubs have a public range day for awareness. Obviously those who know, know. Those who don't are easily manipulated.

I talked to someone at DNR and he said they only seem to rent the range to LEOs or someone holding a class.

We need educate people about actual gun safety and handling, and that owning one can be fun and liberating when used responsibly.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    I was wondering if any of the local gun clubs have a public range day for awareness. Obviously those who know, know. Those who don't are easily manipulated.

I talked to someone at DNR and he said they only seem to rent the range to LEOs or someone holding a class.

We need educate people about actual gun safety and handling, and that owning one can be fun and liberating when used responsibly.

I love this. And believe it has been done and gun grabbers invited, but they still don't get it.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I know that Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club put on a gun safety/intro to pistol for Del. Kathy Szeliga several years ago. She, her family, and some of her staff had a great time. They asked lots of questions as well as had the opportunity to see others enjoying the shooting sports. I know she had extended the opportunity to some of her colleagues but none came out that day.

I offered the same type of event to Del. Sydnor about a year ago after he admitted he did not know what the difference was between automatic and semi-automatic was. I never heard back from him or his office.

May 19, 2016
    im not looking for gun grabbers, I'm looking for the 80% that are either undecided or formed their opinion on mis-information. At the worst case it could be a lot of fun.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    The best bet is invite someone you know to go shoot. For work, most of our team went and shot a couple rounds of skeet. A few of them had never done it before and everyone enjoyed it. I brought the guns, ammo, eyes and ears and shell bags. Introduce someone to shooting and hopefully it spreads. Even if they don't have fun they can at least see everyone survived and the people around them are not a bunch of lunatics hell bent on going on a killing spree.

May 19, 2016
    Don't get me wrong. I don't mind dignitaries comming to an event. I just won't get bent out of shape if they come and don't have a change of heart. I don't have a PAC or six figures to donate to make them to respect our rights.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

I agree with you.

Wanna shoot a .22? Come join us Sunday, the 12th of Whenever.

How many newbs would be drawn? 100 a weekend state wide? Dunno. Say 30 dates....a few thousand newbs a year maybe?

I’d like to see the AGC and other ranges do something like this. Now of course, somebody would need to run it. And volunteers would be needed to work it. And there would be a need for firearms that could be made accessible. And somebody would need to take a hard look at liability, and the possibility of encountering a nut job.

But at the end of the day? If there’s the will, there’s gotta be a way. Especially in today’s times, it’s in everybody’s interest to facilitate access to new folks who may have the desire and the questions, but who simply don’t have the access. Most of us I think believe we have been involved in something worthwhile. Pass it on. We aren’t getting any younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom