• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    What an interesting little gun....

This thing kicks pretty hard. I was using regular Fiocci FMJ 95gr 9x18. It felt like it was recoiling almost as much as my .40 S&W Steyr! Although that gun does have a much lower bore axis, and the grip angle is more extreme to help with that.

At any rate, accuracy was ok, I guess I need more practice... but for the most part I was able to get some decent groupings. 1-2" at 7 yds. Some were larger from rapid fire, but there were no "flyers."

Reliability was at 100%. I only fired 50 rounds, but not one failure of any sort. Trigger was butter smooth and broke very cleanly.

The ONLY gripe I had about the gun itself is the safety hangs out a little bit around the back strap on both sides, and it rides into your skin pretty sharply. I guess I could wear gloves next time, or see if I can round off those edges.

The ammo was pretty dirty. It smelled bad and I can taste it in the back of my throat, which is not good because I was at an outdoor range ;). However, although 50 rounds got the gun pretty dirty, I was able to clean it up very quickly.

All in all, for $200 you can't go wrong.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Fiocchi can get pretty dirty and nasty. Might want to try Silver Bear or one of the Russian brands. AIM usually has Silver Bear for around 7 bucks a box. I shoot it in my Polish CZAK and it runs like a champ.

It's been my experience that a lot of the Eastern Bloc 9x18 pistols seem to have recoil springs on the weak side which gives you a bit more kick. Wolff will probably eventually start making some stronger springs for them if the demand looks like its there which should help tame the beast a little.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Just remember that if you start putting aftermarket components into a C&R firearm, you might be voiding its C&R status. That won't affect its legitimacy in terms of your own personal ownership, but should you ever want to sell it to another C&R licensee, you'll need to restore it to its original condition first - so you might want to put those original parts in a ziploc baggy labeled with the make & serial number.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Just remember that if you start putting aftermarket components into a C&R firearm, you might be voiding its C&R status. That won't affect its legitimacy in terms of your own personal ownership, but should you ever want to sell it to another C&R licensee, you'll need to restore it to its original condition first - so you might want to put those original parts in a ziploc baggy labeled with the make & serial number.

I remember reading that it only applies to changes in it's configuration and it does not have to do with the parts alone. For instance, as I understand it, you could change all the parts to new ones except for the frame and as long as they are the same types of parts, then it is still a C&R.
    As an example, I have a CZ52 that came with a 7.62x25 barrel, but I have a new manufactured in the US barrel in 7.62x25 and I have a 9mm barrell made in the US. When I put the new manufactured 7.62 barrel in it, it is still a C&R, but when I put the 9mm barrel in it, then I have changed the configuration with a new part and it may not be a C&R gun with that barrel in it.

I also think certain attachments do not void the status like drilling holes and attaching a scope.

Still great advice keeping all the origional parts to avoid any confusion in the law though.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Fiocchi can get pretty dirty and nasty. Might want to try Silver Bear or one of the Russian brands. AIM usually has Silver Bear for around 7 bucks a box. I shoot it in my Polish CZAK and it runs like a champ.

It's been my experience that a lot of the Eastern Bloc 9x18 pistols seem to have recoil springs on the weak side which gives you a bit more kick. Wolff will probably eventually start making some stronger springs for them if the demand looks like its there which should help tame the beast a little.

It did seem to kick pretty hard. I'll be on the lookout for a stronger spring.

About ammo, I did order some Silver Bear Hollowpoints for about $7 a box like you said. I ordered them along with some 7.62x54R for my M44 which should be arriving any day now..... :innocent0 :D

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    OT and derailing again, but I find someone named "Lazarus" talking about necro threads kind of amusing in a dry sort of way. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom