• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hatchetman325

Sep 17, 2014
    As a new resident Marylands gun laws completely blow me away. I've been researching them hard lately as I'd like to sell a Ruger SR22 that I recently brought into the state and registered. Because I've owned all my handguns for years and just moved to MD I do not have an HQL.

So the reason for my post. I put this SR22 on armslist.com recently. I've received probably 9-10 different email responses. It seems like a lot of people here are either criminals or have no clue what it takes to legally own a handgun. Thanks to the members on this forum I've read all the posts about how to legally do transfers at police barracks. I had one person from baltimore write me and ask to buy the firearm. He had no HQL and as soon as i mentioned meeting at the cop shop said "thanks but no thanks". I dont get it 5 others all wrote me and wanted to buy it and none of them had an HQL or they start the email with something weird like "what are the terms of this sale?" WTF terms... have an HQL and follow the law, right????

Do other guys here on this forum deal with this crap when they put guns for sale?

Thanks

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Asking them about the HQL is the quickest way to get off the phone with ineligible folks.

That said, I think Armslist is a dangerous way to sell a handgun, considering the other options. A bolt action hunting rifle, not so much.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Some people are probably also fed up with the unconstitutional crap the government forces upon us. I don't do it but I do understand others trying.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have sold stuff on Craigslist and got bizarre solicitations for sex.

At least you can be thankful you didnt get that.

I have bought two guns off gunbroker and what shocked me each time was that they knew the intricacies of MD law, including the shell casing.

But, its the internet, so your experience sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom