Anyone Have Any Experience With the PA10?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a list of want to buy rifles as long as my arm, and this may be one of them. Curious if anyone has any experience with a Palmetto State Armory PA10? I keep hearing stories about how AR10-ish rifles are not reliable. But the PSA offering allows you to build a semi-auto 308 for reasonable coin. How's the experience with these? Good? Bad? Ugly?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have a list of want to buy rifles as long as my arm, and this may be one of them. Curious if anyone has any experience with a Palmetto State Armory PA10? I keep hearing stories about how AR10-ish rifles are not reliable. But the PSA offering allows you to build a semi-auto 308 for reasonable coin. How's the experience with these? Good? Bad? Ugly?

There is no industry wide standard for the AR10 or clones. There is the Rock River standard, DPMS standard (most widely available), SR standard, and the Armalite standard. They all have different sized parts, and will not work on the other platforms in any way.

If you want to get an AR in 308, be sure to get it in the DPMS pattern, due to more accessories will be available for it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    There were some earlier complaints. My understanding is they are LR308 compatible. Just waiting for them to run a 20" flat top/flat front sight with a phosphate barrel to replace the DPMS AP4 on my DPMS lower.

Have another lower to build, probably should buy 2 or 3 more while the getting is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom