• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAliyev

Thinker
    Feb 23, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    After much contemplation I bought Kahr K9. I was reading that they are pretty tight and require 200 rounds break-in. My new gun was tight and had plenty of oil in it. I have removed oil, and lubricated rails with white synthetic lube. Then I replaced the original black guide rod with the stainless one that I have ordered from Kahr's web site. Slide to frame fit was tight with no lateral motion. I have racked slide a few times to make sure that it moves freely. Everything looked and felt good.

Today I took it to the range. My Kahr has regular I & Dot sights. I ran it through 200 rounds. Initially I was aiming at 6 o'clock position, but was shooting way too low (about 4" at 10 yards) with both 115 (S&B) and 124 (AE) loads. Then I tried to cover the center with the dot, but still was shooting low. After about 150 rounds either I adapted to my gun/trigger or something happened because point of impact started approaching point of aim with dot covering point of aim. At round 196 I got a malfunction. Shell case failed to eject and got pinned between slide and barrel facing outward, sort of like it happens on the last round with NAA Guardian. I suspect that my hand was getting tired and I was holding gun way too relaxed…. Anyway, I cleared that without any problems and finished my last 3 rounds.

When I brought my gun home and started cleaning I have noticed that all tightness was gone. Shaking side to side produced obvious movement of the slide. I could hear clicking noise. I was a bit surprised by the amount of lateral movement considering that before range visit there was none. Cleaning went relatively easy. Black residue did not stick and was easy to remove.

Overall I am pretty happy with the gun, although trigger and aiming requires some adaption relatively to my other guns. Although, maybe, that initial low point of impact was due to gun being overly tight and not broken-in … I guess I'll see on my next range visit….

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    my Kahr CW45 seems to shoot low too. I have a bore laser so I used that to get my sight picture for different distances

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom