• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The Eotech works really well with an aimpoint magnifier. I personally like this set-up and two of my AR15 have this type of optical set-up. People at the last silencer shoot also commented that it works really well. The Aimpoint magnifier has the ability to be adjusted for x/y axis to center the eotech's reticle in the middle of the FOB ( Field of view) . The 1 MOA center dot is accurate enough for medium distances ( 2-400 yards) and the 65moa circle is easy to pick up , even in with a cluttered background.BTW,The Eotech's/ aimpoint FTS magnifier mounts suck. Get the La Rue mount instead and be done with it.

IMHO, the set-up is superior to an ACOG in CQB applications ( no eye relief requirement).No changes in cheekweld required. Flip the magnifier over and it is up to par with low power acogs. Supplement the set-up with a folding BUIS , just in case the electronics or battery craps out.

IMHO... electronic RDO's with flip to side magnifiers/ BUIS is the ultimate AR15 sighting system.

The co witness set-up is also awesome, not much issues with a backup red dot sitting high above the boreline( height over bore BS) or mounted on a different plane( gangsta style sideways shooting). Everything is lined up perfectly... on a single plane

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    $4000 currently.

I ain't scared to spend money, but DAMN !

You've definitely proven that. You taught me the "Buy once, cry once" mantra.

Speaking of spending-Don't you have like an entire set of new kitchen appliances to be installing instead of hangin' with us on MDS? :innocent0 :D

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    You've definitely proven that. You taught me the "Buy once, cry once" mantra.

Speaking of spending-Don't you have like an entire set of new kitchen appliances to be installing instead of hangin' with us on MDS? :innocent0 :D

Not being delivered until Saturday, ya coming over to help me ?

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    For me, spending atleast the cost of the gun on optics is a given.

You can buy the best gun money can buy, shit optics will do it no justice.

Jeep is right. You should have seen the funny looks I got at having an H1 in a LaRue mount on an M&P 15-22 the last time I had it at the range. Jeep has an ACOG on his :P

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I never understood the concept of using a more expensive optic than the rifle itself. If you consider the ACOG, I've been told to avoid the red dot on top. I was told that it's really high on the optic and uncomfortable to shoot. You have to lift your head from the stock to see through the red dot.

I also saw an ACOG that's a 1X magnifier that looked great. $685 at Gunconnection with mount.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I never understood the concept of using a more expensive optic than the rifle itself. If you consider the ACOG, I've been told to avoid the red dot on top. I was told that it's really high on the optic and uncomfortable to shoot. You have to lift your head from the stock to see through the red dot.

I also saw an ACOG that's a 1X magnifier that looked great. $685 at Gunconnection with mount.

4000 is aloooootttt of money for someone who doesnt earn a living with it. If your military, or career hunter(i guess thats what youd call it) it might be worth it but even as a cop, who generally doesnt use the patrol rifle, I believe there are better options. I dont think it gets much better than an ACOG.

TA31RCOA4 my dream optic for my 20in
    For my 16, I have my favorite optic Eotech 553

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    4000 is aloooootttt of money for someone who doesnt earn a living with it. If your military, or career hunter(i guess thats what youd call it) it might be worth it but even as a cop, who generally doesnt use the patrol rifle, I believe there are better options. I dont think it gets much better than an ACOG.

TA31RCOA4 my dream optic for my 20in
    For my 16, I have my favorite optic Eotech 553

Wrong on too many levels.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I have an EOTech and magnifier (Burris 3x and LaRue mount) and its a very good combination, but it does add a bit of weight to the gun. Not really noticeable on the bullpup due to the inherent balance and weight distribution, but it might be more of an issue on an AR.

E4RD001.jpg

E4RD002.jpg

Edit:
    NCStar mounted to UTG Rails are the greatest!
    :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom