• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rxcrider

Sep 16, 2017
    Frederick
    Grabbed a quick pic when I was packing up for the range this past weekend. My AR 15 and AR 9 via a Stern Defense 9mm adaptor.

Attachments

• 22DFA96C-C3BF-4DA1-A128-7EBFA62FBEE4.jpg
      22DFA96C-C3BF-4DA1-A128-7EBFA62FBEE4.jpg
      83.6 KB · Views: 824

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    In GA, but they are MD legal since I plan on moving back. Most are functional, though not complete.

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpg
      IMG_1626.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 719

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    In GA, but they are MD legal since I plan on moving back. Most are functional, though not complete.
    Liked: no AR pistols, so didn't need to throw up in my mouth when viewing the picture. Liked the retro-style irons-only guns - they're under-appreciated.

Disliked: No optics or lights. Lotta the guns don't even have sights, it seems? Also, why the **** would you ever move back?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Liked: no AR pistols, so didn't need to throw up in my mouth when viewing the picture. Liked the retro-style irons-only guns - they're under-appreciated.

Disliked: No optics or lights. Lotta the guns don't even have sights, it seems? Also, why the **** would you ever move back?

Plan on getting laser eye surgery in the next year or so, want to see how that effects my astigmatism first. Combined with the major improvements seem to be related optics and I don't see the discounts like I do for the rifle parts on ar15 EE.

Miss my family, and I got friends who have no problem baby sitting non MD legal weapons.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Shot my AR pistol for the first time with the BCM Mod 0 on it....holy LOUD. And the fireballs....too much fun. For the XM177 guys, how do those compare to other short barreled ARs in terms of noise?

f317cadd26340daf87d40629d4dc999f.png

24c59e78e72c96a31f617135442378de.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Finally built my AR15 prototype-ish rifle with the upper and lower I bought from Engage. Very cool that they were able to get a pencil barrel version ok'd due to the trigger charging handle.

It's not really a copy of anything since it's got a prototype upper, 601 lower and barrel, and the later black furniture. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Here it is with my A4 hbar:

yojjAbWh.jpg

Finally built my AR15 prototype-ish rifle with the upper and lower I bought from Engage. Very cool that they were able to get a pencil barrel version ok'd due to the trigger charging handle.

It's not really a copy of anything since it's got a prototype upper, 601 lower and barrel, and the later black furniture. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Here it is with my A4 hbar:

yojjAbWh.jpg
    Trigger charging handle? Please explain

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

The original AR15 prototypes had a trigger charging handle on top of the upper under the carry handle like the old AR10's. The standard AR charging handle was introduced with the first version of the m16 the Air Force adopted, the Colt 601.

I see why it was dropped almost immediately. It's neat, but not very ergonomic.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The original AR15 prototypes had a trigger charging handle on top of the upper under the carry handle like the old AR10's. The standard AR charging handle was introduced with the first version of the m16 the Air Force adopted, the Colt 601.

I see why it was dropped almost immediately. It's neat, but not very ergonomic.

I believe it was dropped because it got hot, could be wrong though.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Nice I went hog wild on Colts (2 vintage sporters and one new) need to post photos. Not sure why I bought so many but I liked the look of them and as a poor college student in the 90s I missed out on those sweet light grey Colts. Plus I am a sucker for A2 carry handle uppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom