• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A murderer is a murderer...a crook is a crook...race has no bearing on whether they're guilty or whether they should be prosecuted. At least that's how the system is designed...but unfortunately the system is not being used as designed.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if you're doing really bad stuff, you need to be put away (and kept away) irrespective of race, religion, gender, whatever. it's that simple. especially if you're a repeat offender. all this antigun bullsh1t and laws that infringe or worse on the 2A and the vast majority that are law-abiding citizens, and yet when they catch known offenders, little to no 'book' is thrown at them.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Well, that essentially made if legal for half of DC residents to concealed carry in the city...

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I dont have a problem with this so long as they recognize constitutional carry is a thing.

Lol that will never happen. This action effectively decriminalizes constitutional carry for felons. However if a you or I in good legal standing carried without a permit I am certain we would feel the entire weight of the law.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Lol that will never happen. This action effectively decriminalizes constitutional carry for felons. However if a you or I in good legal standing carried with out a permit I am certain we would feel the entire weight of the law.
    Exactly.

Free to carry:

th

No go on carry:

DWPqL2QV4AAbBWV.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Lol that will never happen. This action effectively decriminalizes constitutional carry for felons. However if a you or I in good legal standing carried without a permit I am certain we would feel the entire weight of the law.

By refusing to prosecute people who are actually breaking the law like this they open themselves up to due process claims for law abiding people and also undermine any case thats brought to challenge carry restrictions. This will blow up in their face, its only a matter of time.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    By refusing to prosecute people who are actually breaking the law like this they open themselves up to due process claims for law abiding people and also undermine any case thats brought to challenge carry restrictions. This will blow up in their face, its only a matter of time.

I highly doubt DC will see any repercussions from selective prosecution. DC has been moving away from prosecution for a while. The difference now is Racine is actually willing to admit it.

It is shameful that the guy in charge of protecting the innocent is an advocate for criminals/crime under some guise of enacting data-driven criminal justice reform. I would love to see his data because my data says the majority of violent crimes are committed a very small minority of bad actors. When they are on the streets crime goes up, when they are off crime goes down.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

that's some serious funny sh1t/wishful thinking right there...

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    DC ended 2019 with the highest number of homicides recorded in a decade, yet we cannot prosecute felon-in-possession because racism? What about the victims who are overwhelmingly black? They do not matter. This policy makes me sick.:(

https://wtop.com/dc/2020/04/dc-atto...secution-of-local-gun-cases-in-federal-court/

I don’t think “disproportionate” means what they think it means. One perp + One conviction = Justice. There’s nothing disproportionate about it.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I don’t think “disproportionate” means what they think it means. One perp + One conviction = Justice. There’s nothing disproportionate about it.

He should look at the suspect demographics and compare them to the arrest demographics for an accurate figure. I am pretty sure they are not “disproportionate”.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    The DC gov forgets that dc is a federal city and federal courts always come first before dc courts will and it is the federal prosecutor that will decide if it ends up in fed court or dc court.

Shortly following the passage of the Reorganization Act, the Supreme Court
    expressly recognized the authority of the D.C. Courts to adjudicate local criminal
    cases.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Shortly following the passage of the Reorganization Act, the Supreme Court
    expressly recognized the authority of the D.C. Courts to adjudicate local criminal
    cases.

Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of that fact. But i also wonder the fed courts are going to take the case because is it possible that some in the US Attorney office do not trust the dc courts

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Hmmmm... if an otherwise law abiding citizen of the Caucasian persuasion is carrying without a permit and is charged, could that person bring civil charges against DC for racial reasons? DC calling itself a “Chocolate City” and all. Or they could self-identify as a gangbanger? Seems like Racine has opened a can of worm with the selective non-prosecution

Just thinking outside the box

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for letting me know. I was not aware of that fact. But i also wonder the fed courts are going to take the case because is it possible that some in the US Attorney office do not trust the dc courts

No FEDS are lazy and only want slam dunk cases. If it requires work they aren’t interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom