• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    A friend of mine is building his first AR. He is looking for a scope with illuminated reticule that will not break the bank. He would like a 3 X 9 power but will consider others. Any recommendations? Thanks

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Basically a optic novice but I have been impressed by redfield for the money. Made by Leupold and nice glass for money. I was checking out package deal from swfa with ssalt mount for an SPR ar build but changed mid stream when I saw 1x4 tactical a new swfa offering Black Friday special. Nikon also has several nice offerings for the money I don't own any but have looked quite a few in my searches.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Take a look at Bushnell's tactical seriese. Might be something there.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Thread Hijack in progress....

I just bought an ar15 Radical Firearms upper to mate with a pre-10/13 lower and I am looking to add some decent glass to it.

Purpose is hunting and/or paper punching. My focus is eye relief, clarity and light transmission, also the more magnification the better (getting old and blind).

I am looking to spend $300-$400. Ideally I would like recommendations for the biggest "bang for the buck" in this price range.

Thanks!
    Rob.

Bearcat132

Nov 24, 2014
    Thread Hijack in progress....

I just bought an ar15 Radical Firearms upper to mate with a pre-10/13 lower and I am looking to add some decent glass to it.

Purpose is hunting and/or paper punching. My focus is eye relief, clarity and light transmission, also the more magnification the better (getting old and blind).

I am looking to spend $300-$400. Ideally I would like recommendations for the biggest "bang for the buck" in this price range.

Thanks!
    Rob.

For $90.00 I bought the UTG leapers 3X9 bugbuster from Optics Planet W/ free shipping and check for coupon codes. The scope is illuminated in Red or Green , it has a mildot pattern and weighs 12 ounces. It comes with quick detach scope rings for the AR tactical mount rail. It is perfect for an AR in any caliber. The link is posted below.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers...-bug-buster-rifle-scope-w-rings-sunshade.html

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Primary Arms has some nice lower cost scopes.

The UTG/Leapers were designed for air soft and may not hold up to real firearms use, although .223 is not hard recoiling.

With optics, like some other things, you get what you pay for. Buying cheap optics will end up with broken reticles, inconsistent movement of the reticle versus the turret clicks, poor light transmission, etc. And lack of service/support later.

Buy once, cry once. And optics is NOT the place to scrimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom