• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    I noticed the stores with a more higher middle class / more liberal clientele started being hit with panic (trader joe’s, wegmans, bj’s, Costco, etc) as early as last week. It took until yesterday until I actually saw the great 2020 TP panic hit Pasadena.

My theory is the panic is coming mostly from the comfortable or liberal or both who mostly mocked preppers, and are like chickens with their heads off right now.

So far the theory has held up in other states, advised family who actually needed TP to hit up the food lion in the bad neighborhood I grew up in (out of state) and they had tons. Curious if anyone else in more red neck (myself included in that term) or lower income areas saw the same slow drip of this compared to the widespread freak out in HoCo/Annapolis/etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I noticed the stores with a more higher middle class / more liberal clientele started being hit with panic (trader joe’s, wegmans, bj’s, Costco, etc) as early as last week. It took until yesterday until I actually saw the great 2020 TP panic hit Pasadena.

My theory is the panic is coming mostly from the comfortable or liberal or both who mostly mocked preppers, and are like chickens with their heads off right now.

So far the theory has held up in other states, advised family who actually needed TP to hit up the food lion in the bad neighborhood I grew up in (out of state) and they had tons. Curious if anyone else in more red neck (myself included in that term) or lower income areas saw the same slow drip of this compared to the widespread freak out in HoCo/Annapolis/etc.

My wife and I were in Wegman's in Frederick last night around 9:00pm. We didn't notice a shortage of anything on the shelves: TP, paper towels, bottled water were all in good supply.

If people would just change the channel or log-into Netflix instead of keeping their boob tubes locked-on CNN (MSNBC, Fox, take-yer-pick) all day long, they'd be a lot less stressed-out and a lot more capable of making rational decisions. While I think it's never a bad time to horde ammo and prepare for the worst, I'll either use my hand or go outside and drag my ass thru the grass before I go to Costco and duke-it-out with some Chinese woman over the last $50, Appalachian family-sized pallet of Quilted Northern toilet paper. WTF. I got about a three-week supply at home. If I can't buy toilet paper three weeks from now, you may want to momentarily avert your eyes if you see me out in my front yard.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    My wife and I were in Wegman's in Frederick last night around 9:00pm. We didn't notice a shortage of anything on the shelves: TP, paper towels, bottled water were all in good supply.

If people would just change the channel or log-into Netflix instead of keeping their boob tubes locked-on CNN (MSNBC, Fox, take-yer-pick) all day long, they'd be a lot less stressed-out and a lot more capable of making rational decisions. While I think it's never a bad time to horde ammo and prepare for the worst, I'll either use my hand or go outside and drag my ass thru the grass before I go to Costco and duke-it-out with some Chinese woman over the last $50, Appalachian family-sized pallet of Quilted Northern toilet paper. WTF. I got about a three-week supply at home. If I can't buy toilet paper three weeks from now, you may want to momentarily avert your eyes if you see me out in my front yard.
    Least you’re not dragging your arse on the doormat or wall to wall carpeting. Even you know appropriate indoors vs outdoors behavior...

vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    The MGA should also regulate the quantity of squares per roll... more than 10 squares per roll are “high capacity “ therefore are not to be sold, transferred, etc, etc, etc

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM

I plan on selling individual plys on street corners to make extra scratch. $5 for Scott, $15 for Charmin. 2-ply extra soft? That’s $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I wish I owned a gun and had some ammo...

There’s plenty in the Bay...
    49323210-76EC-452A-9D6E-0EB5CFACAF62.jpeg

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    My wife always gave me hard time whenever I am buying ammo. “Why do you need 5000 rounds of that!?”
    After reading an article but people lined up buying guns and ammo she asked me “do we have enough ammo?”

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My wife always gave me hard time whenever I am buying ammo. “Why do you need 5000 rounds of that!?”
    After reading an article but people lined up buying guns and ammo she asked me “do we have enough ammo?”

Tell her the local MDS ammo dealer sent her this :)

Attachments

• FBBBE58D-5180-4CF8-9EFD-4BEB32CD23E4.jpg
      FBBBE58D-5180-4CF8-9EFD-4BEB32CD23E4.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 415

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'll tell ya what would be a good start: cut-back the news channels (take your pick) broadcast day from 24 hours down to, like, 4 hours per day max. With all that's going on in the world, they wouldn't have time for anything but reporting official news/info. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom