• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    So, the wife loves the new-ish Sierra store over by the Target across from FSK, so I've ended up there quite a bit. It was pleased to see today that they stock plenty of Sitka and Browning gear including some rather nice upland vests for killer prices. Nice heavy-duty Browning upland vests were running $40 which is pretty decent. I'd have snagged one, but already have a couple that I use and don't need a replacement for yet. They also had the webbing-type "vest" that I see most of my guides use (kind of like a shoulder and belt rig with pocket for birds in the back, and pockets for gear up front) for $70 which is a hell of a steal on that. They also carry some pretty nice decoys at decent prices.

Walked away with a nice $98 Filson oxford shirt today for $20 (checked the online Filson price and it was legit) so there are definitely some nice things to be had.

Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up if they were looking for any clothing or upland gear.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My wife has talked about this store but I haven't been there yet. I'll have to check it out

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    They're owned by the same parent company as TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Marshall's, so the layout is similar. Long racks of clothing at pretty deep discounts in many cases. They have camping, biking, hiking, kayak/canoe/SUP board equipment, and dog gear in addition to the clothing selections and even a really good lineup of outdoor footwear and toys for kids.

Pic of browning vests added as an attachment to this post.

Attachments

• 20191020_105451.jpg
      20191020_105451.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 299

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I've been shopping at Sierra Trading Post for at least 20 years. They used to only have the Cheyenne and Cody WY retail locations and a mail order catalog where one would have to find a riddle in one of the merchandise descriptions and give the correct answer to get free shipping. It has always been great for middle to high end outdoor goods and clothing. They sell many seconds and closeouts. I usually can't figure out why the seconds are marked as such. They were recently bought out by TJ Maxx and are expanding their retail stores. I'm guessing the TJ Maxx distribution infrastructure facilitates this. I'm hoping they don't change their product type and good service that made me a devoted customer.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I've been shopping at Sierra Trading Post for at least 20 years. They used to only have the Cheyenne and Cody WY retail locations and a mail order catalog where one would have to find a riddle in one of the merchandise descriptions and give the correct answer to get free shipping. It has always been great for middle to high end outdoor goods and clothing. They sell many seconds and closeouts. I usually can't figure out why the seconds are marked as such. They were recently bought out by TJ Maxx and are expanding their retail stores. I'm guessing the TJ Maxx distribution infrastructure facilitates this. I'm hoping they don't change their product type and good service that made me a devoted customer.

So far, I've been pleased. Had one issue with a shirt and they took it back no problem even though the tags were off and it had been worn. They'll do email receipts which is great as it keeps everything in their system for you.

The best thing anyone can do to ensure that they keep carrying the products we want to see there is buy them there, and then give feedback when prompted for an email survey.

I bought dekes from there two months ago. They're great! $35 for a set of these: https://www.mackspw.com/GHG-Pro-Grade-Mallard-Duck-Decoys-Active-6-Pack

I'm pretty sure the Filson shirt I bought is just closeout. Same style still available on Filson.com, but different pattern to the fabric.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

Me too. I was in the Cheyenne store a few years ago. I was able to find some cold weather hiking boots not made in China (Romania) that are very good. I also had been doing the mail order thing for years. They always had good merchandise at great prices. I was kind of dismayed to hear TJMax bought them out. I hope it doesn't become another outlet for chinese junk.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I'll usually get my Carhartt gear from them at a steep discount from normal retail price. They are slightly irregular but nothing you would ever notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom