• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cega

BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2010
    So since I have no self control whatsoever (apparently) I managed to talk myself (like that took a whole lot!) into another gun and in doing so managed to get SIG!

Picked up a nice P229 - now to figure out how to reconcile my need for instant gratification with the stupid waiting period...

Better pictures once it gets home so for now its iPhone photo only....

Attachments

• SIG P229.jpg
      SIG P229.jpg
      59 KB · Views: 323

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    What caliber?

I wish SIG would drop the silly rail. It ruins the classic looks of the gun.

BTW, not a bad photo considering the camera.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm going to have to hold one to see what this Signess is all about. They don't look comfortable to me, but the all the love makes me think I must be missing something. I was eventually planning on filling my 9mm vacancy with a cz75, but....

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I'm going to have to hold one to see what this Signess is all about. They don't look comfortable to me, but the all the love makes me think I must be missing something. I was eventually planning on filling my 9mm vacancy with a cz75, but....

This is a bit of a hijack BUT... some people think SIG is the best, period. There are many very good guns out there. Try as many as you can. S&W M&P, CZ, SIG, HK. Buy what you like. The only maker I don't own is HK. One of my favorite 9mm's is the SIG P2022. Heavier then the S&W M&P Pro 9mm but still lighter than a steel 1911 in .45ACP. I like the CZ, but it isn't one of my "I MUST take this gun to the range" guns. The P2022 and M&P have gone to the range every time since I bought them.

cega

BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2010
    .40 S&W. I have a couple of other .40's (G22 and G27) so it should make for a nice comparison shoot out at Marriottsville in a week or so.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina

I have shot my dads Sigs when i was younger but until yesterday I hadn't held one in about 6 years and I very quickly remembered why I enjoyed shooting them so much. That said today what I held a cz75 for the first and while its not quite there its about 95% so if price matters you may what to go with the cz otherwise go hold a Sig you will understand.

To the OP nice gun!

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    The trouble with Sigs is that you can't just stop at one! They wake you up in the middle of the night with you saying "MUST BUY SIG...MUST BUY SIG" while you walk around in a zombie like state. Once you get that first one, all is lost. Look at Maui. He is so contageous that he infects you with mental telepathy via his posts. :lol2: All kidding aside, that is a nice gun. I have three and am looking for my fourth right now. Wait till you shoot it. The action is really smooth.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice, I am really liking my 226, think there is another one in the future

Still prefer CZs trigger, ergos and reliability but the sig is so easy to tear-down (except the 2022 for some reason it is a PITA) and swap top ends.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Still prefer CZs trigger, ergos and reliability but the sig is so easy to tear-down (except the 2022 for some reason it is a PITA) and swap top ends.

Have you tried the new (or relatively new anyway) "short reset" trigger? It's excellent. It is as described... follow-up shots have a very short forward trigger travel to reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom