• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The only thing that keeps them open are non shooters who want to buy a gun. They don't know any better since they don't know enough to join MDS, MSI, etc. etc. so they don't get the word. :sad20:

Owner is an ex cop and the store seems to have a steady stream of cops as customers.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Why did you have the dealer send it back for you? Sig will send you the label and paper work to send it back prepaid. Just drop it off at UPS.

dmable44

Jul 4, 2018
    Went in one day to check it out and just to see what they had. As soon as I walked in the door I was asked if they could help me find anything. I said no I’m just browsing today, thanks. Then they tried to shove their raffle down my throat in which I said again, no thanks I’m just browsing. Walked around for not even another minute and they tried to sell everything to me. I said AGAIN, no thanks I’m just looking. Walked out. Didn’t like how they seemed to force stuff down your throat.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    The only thing that keeps them open are non shooters who want to buy a gun. They don't know any better since they don't know enough to join MDS, MSI, etc. etc. so they don't get the word. :sad20:

Yup. That was me a few years back. Took my hql class there, wasn't until later that I realized (thanks to the good folks here) how messed up that place is. They are pro-FSA13 and generally misinform the public with their interesting interpretations of md state law.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Why did you have the dealer send it back for you? Sig will send you the label and paper work to send it back prepaid. Just drop it off at UPS.

They are right up the street and figured it would be convenient for me for them to deal with it.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Went in one day to check it out and just to see what they had. As soon as I walked in the door I was asked if they could help me find anything. I said no I’m just browsing today, thanks. Then they tried to shove their raffle down my throat in which I said again, no thanks I’m just browsing. Walked around for not even another minute and they tried to sell everything to me. I said AGAIN, no thanks I’m just looking. Walked out. Didn’t like how they seemed to force stuff down your throat.

I mean they do have a business to run. Pressure is agitating I agree but then people complain around these parts when they're ignored by gun shop counter people.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Post #25 illustrates an important aspect of internet commentary on LGS " customer service " . The #1 gripe from the internet generation is not having staff imeadately up close &personal . Meanwhile others of us want to peruse in peace without being bugged .

( The above is general commentary . The LGS in this thread has multiple other issues . But in addition to proximity to AAPD HQ , in a search they show up as being one of closest FFL to the underserved Bowie to Annapolis area .)

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    They purchased a large inventory from the 'Cop Shop' and there is no way I would give that store $.01

Just my $.02

I heard a couple of weeks ago Sam, owner of cop shop, died in december, and his widow didn’t want the business any more. As well, the rent on balto st was high. That was the last gun shop in the city, no? Nice guy, Sam. Always enjoyed talking to him when he had the time in that crowded, little shop. Did the shop sell its gun inventory? Besides this shop in millersville and the cop shop who else is a glock blue label dealer.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

This.

I've had to send a couple of firearms back to Sig for various reasons (including the trigger job on my P320 last year) and I've always dropped the item off at the FedEx office by myself. Their customer service has always been excellent and I get the item back in 2-3 weeks tops.

I'm sorry the LGS in Millersville did not offer you the same level of customer service.

Cal68

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I stopped in that place during one of their Glock sales events and the sales prices were still higher than our IP's regular prices.
    If this is the little shop in the L shaped strip center, i had less than a comfortable experience there. Sorry to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom