• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    Say goodbye to all your poop eating direct impingement guns boomers. The Next Generation Squad Weapon is here in 6.8x51. It's a piston gun. Yes they are wasting money on ammo so hot it needs a hybrid case, which burns barrels worse than the STD I gave your mom last night. But its your money to waste, not theirs. So shut yer redneck piehole and crack a red pill bull.

Dont worry for the low low price of $38,000.00 plus $34.99 shipping, plus $400 in stamp taxes, plus $150 in NFA transfer fees, plus 1.9% of the final sales price for insurance, you can get it today in 10-12 months with ATF permission (because this is the 13" SBR with suppressor).

I’m in if they’ll ship it free. I don’t pay shipping.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    What recoil an issue,ww1 303!3006, ww2 3006,Korea 3006…what has happened to the younger generation? Pronoun learning! Equity…not on the battlefield.
    How revitalization of the cmp..why are th3y still using th3 M1 garand!a fine rifle,but to engage youth when for decades 556 has been the military issue round is self defeating.
    How many youngsters show up for a cmp range session shooting M1 garands..
    I started when I was 16 years old shooting at cmp events through. Local gun club,it helped when I served in the Army.
    I only wish it was better,more detailed.
    With more woman in the armed services and also they can now be front line soldiers and the COD generation. The military has always favored accurate volume over just accuracy.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    unknown-379.png

lmao.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'm interested in the technology. Basically using new designs to increase pressure and velocity without increasing case size. Sig has stated in addition to the 3 peice ammo case there is a barrel coating/insert to increase service life to be comparable to 7.62 Nato specs. Figure the M60 had a stelite chamber to double the lifespan over chrome lining about 60+ years ago, so whatever new metal or ceramic Sig is using is something to keep an eye on.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    What recoil an issue,ww1 303!3006, ww2 3006,Korea 3006…what has happened to the younger generation? Pronoun learning! Equity…not on the battlefield.
    How revitalization of the cmp..why are th3y still using th3 M1 garand!a fine rifle,but to engage youth when for decades 556 has been the military issue round is self defeating.
    How many youngsters show up for a cmp range session shooting M1 garands..
    I started when I was 16 years old shooting at cmp events through. Local gun club,it helped when I served in the Army.
    I only wish it was better,more detailed.
    I think? You’re trying to articulate that the recoil is fine and modern generations are weak?

If so I would point out that the infantryman of today carries a much heavier load than that of WWII. Adding to it is not going to make them more effective. Additionally there are issues with using a round with that much ass in urban combat in particular, and really for anything outside of ranged combat. I’m a pretty large, strong fella, and my split times go up quite a bit with .308 vs 5.56.

Also it turns out that the Russians mostly stuff cardboard into their plate carriers instead of body armor, so the whole need identified by TRADOC appears to have been overblown.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I'm interested in the technology. Basically using new designs to increase pressure and velocity without increasing case size. Sig has stated in addition to the 3 peice ammo case there is a barrel coating/insert to increase service life to be comparable to 7.62 Nato specs. Figure the M60 had a stelite chamber to double the lifespan over chrome lining about 60+ years ago, so whatever new metal or ceramic Sig is using is something to keep an eye on.
    I agree, this is potentially a giant breakthrough. If barrel life does equate to 7.62 NATO then I think we are going to see some real screamer cartridges using similar technology once it has propagated.

There’s definitely a lot of good to go with the bad from NGSW.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It would be interesting to see the hybrid case design and 80,000psi in a grendel loading or 6.5 prc. The case technology is pretty cool.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    different caliber, that is about as much power and range as you can get in an AR15, 1800FPE with bullets over .500BC, it basically ties 6.5 Grendel for energy, but has better BC, and can beat 308 ballistics at long range. Hornady claims an un-named government agency or unit adopted it. The 277 Fury is Sig's baby, and basically about as much power and range as you can squeeze into a 7.62 nato platform. That is what the OP is referring to, it requires new technology to run at higher pressures than most any current caliber.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    different caliber, that is about as much power and range as you can get in an AR15, 1800FPE with bullets over .500BC, it basically ties 6.5 Grendel for energy, but has better BC, and can beat 308 ballistics at long range. Hornady claims an un-named government agency or unit adopted it. The 277 Fury is Sig's baby, and basically about as much power and range as you can squeeze into a 7.62 nato platform. That is what the OP is referring to, it requires new technology to run at higher pressures than most any current caliber.
    I know. They were using AR10 platforms but claimed they wanted a lighter rifle so the 6.0 was it. The 277 is interesting. I have read about 270 AR10 platform calibers but have never seen one.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    way I see it 3 part case is 2 more failure points and only can imagine what that failure looks like. Think about about an AR now with short head spacing you pop a primer and lock up your FCG with the Fury case you are hoping for a popped primer...

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    The .277 Fury is supposed to have more energy and better ballistics at 1,000 yards than the 6.5 Creedmore. Some special operations units that started ordering M240s in the 6.5 have canceled their orders after running the NGSW in .277.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The .277 Fury is supposed to have more energy and better ballistics at 1,000 yards than the 6.5 Creedmore. Some special operations units that started ordering M240s in the 6.5 have canceled their orders after running the NGSW in .277.
    Sweet that first round will find its spot but after that watch out.....

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Flannel Daddy likes as a stand-alone rifle. Thinks it’s fantastic. However, he’s not sure if it’s right as an infantry replacement for the M4.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Huh. This could make a great bench rifle round.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The MCX spear is definitely a great rifle. The suppressor is great too.

Its the 6.8x51 I doubt. In some other cartridge, I'd probably be an enjoyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom