• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter_Drew

Feb 2, 2018
    Hey all, I just completed the paperwork on my new Sig, I need a .45 cal bore lock within the next week so I can pick it up from the shop.

I realize there is a sticky for the gun lock exchange but based on reply dates I don't think it gets many views. So I figured I would just post a new request.

I live and travel between Parkville and Cockeysville so if anyone in that area has one I can borrow that would be great. It will be returned shortly after pickup.

For anyone who may see this post I have a 9mm bore lock I can loan should someone need it.

Thanks in advance!

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Are you sure that it doesn't come with a lock? Even the cheapest guns I've bought in the last three years have had some sort of lock, mostly cable locks.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Are you sure that it doesn't come with a lock? Even the cheapest guns I've bought in the last three years have had some sort of lock, mostly cable locks.

You have to have a MD approved bore lock at the time of sale. Cable lock does not qualify.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Hey all, I just completed the paperwork on my new Sig, I need a .45 cal bore lock within the next week so I can pick it up from the shop.

I realize there is a sticky for the gun lock exchange but based on reply dates I don't think it gets many views. So I figured I would just post a new request.

I live and travel between Parkville and Cockeysville so if anyone in that area has one I can borrow that would be great. It will be returned shortly after pickup.

For anyone who may see this post I have a 9mm bore lock I can loan should someone need it.

Thanks in advance!

Does the shop you are buying the gun from have one? If so they can include it at the time of sale. Since there is no requirement for you to keep it locked, once you take possession you could go put the firearm in your car then walk back in the shop and return it to them.

Shooter_Drew

Feb 2, 2018
    Does the shop you are buying the gun from have one? If so they can include it at the time of sale. Since there is no requirement for you to keep it locked, once you take possession you could go put the firearm in your car then walk back in the shop and return it to them.

I asked about that option tonight when I went to complete the 77R. He said he doesn't offer a loaner lock and my two options would be to bring one at time of pick up or buy one at the store. I asked if I could buy and return it but he said he doesn't want to do that as it's getting into the gray area of the law should the wrong person see it then it's just one more thing for the "Do-Gooders" in Annapolis to change or make more strict.

I've purchased 3 other guns from this GS and his prices are always way below anyone else, not to mention friendly and great customer service.

I have a 9mm bore lock that I've used for previous pick up's but this is my first .45 so I clearly can't use the 9mm

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I asked about that option tonight when I went to complete the 77R. He said he doesn't offer a loaner lock and my two options would be to bring one at time of pick up or buy one at the store. I asked if I could buy and return it but he said he doesn't want to do that as it's getting into the gray area of the law should the wrong person see it then it's just one more thing for the "Do-Gooders" in Annapolis to change or make more strict.

I've purchased 3 other guns from this GS and his prices are always way below anyone else, not to mention friendly and great customer service.

I have a 9mm bore lock that I've used for previous pick up's but this is my first .45 so I clearly can't use the 9mm

There is no such thing as "gray area" where the law is concerned. It's either legal or it's not. But I do understand what you're saying and that you want to keep doing business with the GS. Glad that someone has offered to give you one so you don't have to pay for it. Hope you enjoy the new gun. What model Sig are you getting anyway?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Sorry I can't help. I loaned my 45 bore lock to a supposed friend and I've yet to get it back (almost a year later). I'm gonna have to get after that guy.

I also loaned a trail camera to someone about 4 years ago. Can't remember his user name.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    If the other offers fall through due to bad timing or something, PM me. I'm South of DC but we can overnight it or something if you absolutely promise to return it.
    My SIG came with one in the plastic storage case.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Hello All,
    I am also looking to borrow a 45 bore lock to pick up my new Kimber on Friday. Would one be available from someone in the Columbia area? Appreciate any help here. Even though I have small pile of locks, a new version is needed to make MD happy!
    Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Best Regards,
    Chris

AOW162435

Jan 16, 2019
    Ellicott City
    New member here, but a search pointed me to this thread.

I’ve transferred in a few .45 pistols to my local FFL over the last six years. As such, I have a .45 bore lock (Franzen).

I just completed the 77R for an incoming 9mm and would like to find a ‘local’ 9mm bore lock to borrow for a day or so. I am happy to pick up from you within a reasonable distance, or meet if possible.

In exchange, I’ll be happy to loan my .45 version to a local member in the future.

Please let me know if you have a 9mm version you’re willing to lend.

Andreas

Last edited:

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    New member here, but a search pointed me to this thread.

I’ve transferred in a few .45 pistols to my local FFL over the last six years. As such, I have a .45 bore lock (Franzen).

I just completed the 77R for an incoming 9mm and would like to find a ‘local’ 9mm bore lock to borrow for a day or so. I am happy to pick up from you within a reasonable distance, or meet if possible.

In exchange, I’ll be happy to loan my 45 version to a local member in the future.

Please let me know if you have a 9mm version you’re willing to lend.

Andreas

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=71938

Here's the sticky thread for just this purpose. You would probably get better traction by posting in that thread. And, welcome to MDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom