• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It may not take that long. Once the gluttony is over, there will be people that wished they had bought one and it will be on like donkey kong. Once the supply dries up, the prices will skyrocket.

Group Buy?

Chikane

Mar 29, 2017
    sorry I'm new, but if I wanted to buy one of these what do I need to know? in terms of paperwork, and where to go get MD legal magazines? Thank you : )

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    sorry I'm new, but if I wanted to buy one of these what do I need to know? in terms of paperwork, and where to go get MD legal magazines? Thank you : )

First question, do you have your HQL? Without that, you can't take possession of any handgun in the state of Maryland. After that, you will need a local FFL for AIM to ship the pistol to their location. You can go outside of the state and buy any mag for this pistol, you just can't buy them and receive them within the state of Maryland.

Good Luck!

Chikane

Mar 29, 2017
    First question, do you have your HQL? Without that, you can't take possession of any handgun in the state of Maryland. After that, you will need a local FFL for AIM to ship the pistol to their location. You can go outside of the state and buy any mag for this pistol, you just can't buy them and receive them within the state of Maryland.

Good Luck!

thanks! Yeah I have an active HQL but not a card yet I'm still waiting in the mail. I'm assuming any 92F mag would fit, even the 10 RD ones they sell here. I'm just looking for a good first gun that has a hammer, and this might be good. Haven't held one in years though, I think I need to hit up a shop that has one to see if I like the feel.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

When you check out on AIM's website there is a screen with a list of local FFL's that they have on file. You can choose one of them or submit the info for another one. Blue Fins, in Dundalk, is on their list so I'm having it shipped there. It is being shipped magazineless.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    thanks! Yeah I have an active HQL but not a card yet I'm still waiting in the mail. I'm assuming any 92F mag would fit, even the 10 RD ones they sell here. I'm just looking for a good first gun that has a hammer, and this might be good. Haven't held one in years though, I think I need to hit up a shop that has one to see if I like the feel.

I would suggest you go to an indoor range like Free State or some other location and rent this handgun. Fire a box of ammo and make sure it's the perfect gun for your first purchase.

No reason to buy something and then realize it's not for you. Being your first, you want to make sure. Don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Good Luck!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    When you check out on AIM's website there is a screen with a list of local FFL's that they have on file. You can choose one of them or submit the info for another one. Blue Fins, in Dundalk, is on their list so I'm having it shipped there. It is being shipped magazineless.

There's nothing illegal about them shipping the handgun with the 15 round mag. I believe peace officers are excluded in regard to the 10 round mag law. Even if not, the ffl can ship the mag(s) to an address of your choice in another state. All is perfectly legal.

That's how many of the AR15 rifles are shipped. They come with the 30 round mag and the ffl just removes them from the box before he transfers the rifle to you.

Chikane

Mar 29, 2017
    I would suggest you go to an indoor range like Free State or some other location and rent this handgun. Fire a box of ammo and make sure it's the perfect gun for your first purchase.

No reason to buy something and then realize it's not for you. Being your first, you want to make sure. Don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm definitely going to go try it, will report after I do : )!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm very tempted but have little use for anything with a thumb safety.

I agree it's at the "buy now" price. Can they get any cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom