• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    States to ban hollow point ammo? [edit - no, they're not]

Edit: Okay, they got me. I've been thoroughly rick-rolled on this one!

:tinfoil2: :tinfoil2: :tinfoil2: :tinfoil2:

Searched but couldn't find this, so apologies if dupe, but I saw this and did a multiple WTF?!?!:

23 States Agree To Implement Gun Control Law Banning Hollow Point Ammunition

23-states have agreed to pass a controversial bill that will create a ban on the future sale and possession of hollow-point ammunition. The ban on the popular ammunition is in effect immediately, however does include a 90-day grace period prior to state law enforcement enforcing the ban. The official compliance date for the hollow-point ammunition ban is January 5th, 2017.

Continues here for full details:

http://thebostontribune.com/22-states-agree-gun-control-law-banning-hollow-point-ammunition/

:mad54:

I'm thinking this has to be b.s. or out of context, because otherwise it's pretty much

:war:

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I believe it's a hoax article. That site is not the real Boston Tribune. In fact there is no real Boston Tribune. It's a hoax site. And per Google there is no "Maine Representative Jared Holbrook (D)."

Among other headlines on its front page are announcements that the federal government has raised the minimum hunting age to 18 in all states, banned open carry in all states, and made children riding on backs of motorcycles illegal nationwide.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think that's a satire site. Another article says the ATF banned open carry nationally.

Some states already have a HP ban. I am struggling with what the "satire" would be here. Where are the clues that this might be satire?

This does not conform to legislative calendars, so no way this could get passed and go into effect for Jan 2016.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Some states already have a HP ban. I am struggling with what the "satire" would be here. Where are the clues that this might be satire?

This does not conform to legislative calendars, so no way this could get passed and go into effect for Jan 2016.

You have to poke around a bit. There was an article posted a while ago claiming all motorcycles were required to have a 75mph governor by 2017.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Folks before this takes off and grows more legs than it deserves, may I just say:

keep-calm-it-s-a-hoax.png

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Ah, another of the new "looks almost real but GOTCHA" sites. I'll go sit in the corner for a bit. Try on my new tinfoil duncecap...

:tinfoil2:

:o

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ah, another of the new "looks almost real but GOTCHA" sites. I'll go sit in the corner for a bit. Try on my new tinfoil duncecap...

:tinfoil2:

:o

I have to admit it was pretty well written. This was one where the author seemed more interested in actually fooling everyone than being satirical.

Scary thought is in the event that the Fashion Bug Plus Demon gets elected, headlines like this will be completely believable and not hoaxes within a year or two.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Let's all run out to Walmart and put a stomping on the guy with the last box of Fortay HPs in his cart!

Do it!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Actually, when all of the other ammo is long gone, the Fortay will still be on the shelves :-)

Wrong. Some douche will buy all of it hoping to see it for double what he paid for it later.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    HP ammo is not allowed in any firearm in NJ unless it is being carried by NJSP or other active duty NJ LEO. (In state felony):mad54:

Even retired NJSP Troopers are NOT allowed to carry weapons loaded with HP ammo.

Out of state LEOs are also not allowed.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    HP ammo is not allowed in any firearm in NJ unless it is being carried by NJSP or other active duty NJ LEO. (In state felony):mad54:

Even retired NJSP Troopers are NOT allowed to carry weapons loaded with HP ammo.

Litigate.. or use fragmentation rounds... Much more deadly..

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Actually it used to be that way but LEOSA was amended a few years ago specifically because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom