• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Just picked up my new upper from 2A yesterday. I wanted the matching billet upper to go with a pre-10/1 Black Rain lower I bought from them. And did they put together a beauty!

Black Rain matching billet upper with custom dust cover
    Black Rain NiB BCG
    Wilson Combat TRIM 13.8 inch rail (perfect color and finish match to the upper)
    Wilson Combat 14.5in medium contour stainless steel barrel - 5.56mm, 1-7 twist rate
    AAC 51T pinned and welded flash hider

I added a
    BCM Gunfighter Mod4 charging handle (to be switched out for a PRI Gas Buster)
    KAC Micro Sights
    KAC handstop and panels (fit perfectly on the TRIM rail)
    Aimpoint Micro H-1 in an ADM mount.

The lower has a Geissele SSA trigger, B5 Systems SOPMOD BRAVO stock (I tried out a Magpul ACS-L but liked the Bravo better), and MOE grip.

And one more addition - an AAC SDN-6. They threw it on the carbine at the shop when I picked up the upper and it was love at first sight. It snugs up perfectly to the rail and looks like it was made for the upper - no unsightly gap. It will be months before I get it home, but those will be happy months.

If you bought a Black Rain lower from 2A, I HIGHLY recommend you think about having them build you a matching upper. Couldn't be happier with mine.

Thanks again guys!

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I didn't forget about the pics

piccollage_zps48370043.jpg

Slideshow if you want to see details or higher res

http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/comradebork/slideshow/

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    "No unsightly gap" :lol2: :D

And you were right. The KAC panels look like they fit the Wilson rail perfectly.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Just perfect. Between the panels and the micro sights, it looks just like KAC 14.5 with URX3.1. But a lot less expensive, a better rail (no x hundred dollar tool just to take off the rail), and a better barrel. Couldn't be happier!

Close-up of the panels and rail section.

AAC51Tpinnedandwelded_zpsed9179f3.jpg

I also got an extra 10 slot rail section but it is way too long for my purposes.

Last edited:

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    The rifle really looks great. I looked at the Knight's Armament website and it looks like you used the URX 3.1 Panel Kit. Is that correct?

Correct. They have a couple options but I chose the regular length (P/N 30408) rather than the long length version.

I considered going with the 3.1 deluxe panel kit since it had enough panels and hand stops for a couple builds as well as 3 rail sections (alone worth about $20 each if you bought WC rail sections). But the darn thing only comes with 10 screws! So you can only use one more panel or rail section than the basic kits. Maybe someone handier than I could find more screws that would be compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom