• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not cop bashing. Just disbelief. I can't imagine what the thought was going through their head.
    As a cop, they are trained to exert control over a traffic stop situation, attempting to defuse, but not backing down, either, escalating if necessary. Most have experienced themselves the stop with a compliant person, and a stop with one who is challenging. Why would someone in the know be anything but compliant? Does not make sense. I'm at a loss what could have led to this, and have the trooper at fault.

Imagined conversation.
    "License and registration, please."
    "What's the problem? I'm a PG County cop".
    "I don't care. License and registration"
    "Didn't you hear me? I'm one of you!"
    "Doesn't matter. You broke the law. License and registration. Now."
    God only knows where it goes from there.

A guy I worked with had a brother who was a NYC cop. They had official "family of NYC Police" cards that they were to display at a traffic stop. He admitted to using it quite a bit. He whined for weeks because he got a speed-camera ticket, and his card was useless. Honestly, I had little sympathy.

All said, gotta love the sheepdog, but the sheepdog can't choose to eat a lamb and share with the family on their terms. Doing so makes them the wolf in sheepdog's clothing. When off duty, or on the wrong end of a traffic stop, one is no longer a sheepdog, but rather a lamb or wolf. Gotta know one's place and play the part.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If you don't have the mental aptitude to play your part when being stopped, how can I "joe public" trust that you will know how to play your part when you are the one stopping someone? Glad she's gone. She did it to herself. It's nothing more than a darwin award.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

FYI she won’t get fired for this. Hank will suspend her even if all charges get dropped (most if not all WILL get dropped). But she won’t lose her job. She will eat some days without pay.

Also “suspended with pay” doesn’t mean she’s at home watching the daytime stories collecting a check. It means she has no arrest powers and her gun is gone. She is probably at a desk performing an Admin function.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I've never understood this attitude of disobedience with police officers. I once saw a police officer use his mic to tell a young black fellow to stop, put his hands up and turn around. The guy was about 18 simply would not obey. He kept asking what he did and continued walking. I expected to see it escalate to something really ugly because the kid had his hands in his baggy pants. If it had gone any further than it did, I think one of them would have been shot. And if it had been the kid, you would have had every black activist in the country on the scene.

It doesn't matter if you're a cop, a citizen or the director of the FBI. It's a simple matter of courtesy. You can find some incredible stuff on YouTube of people refusing to pull over, pulling over, then making a run for it --- one wonders what they're thinking.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom