• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I still don't understand or maybe I didn't read it correctly. If he was INSIDE his hotel room (even if he was in front of a glass window or door, where's the foul? Now if he came out unto the balcony that would be a different story. Where is the presumption of privacy violated?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with the 2A in MD.

Was he wearing a Kimber while showing his timber?

Maybe he was sporting a Glock while stroking his.....?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with the 2A in MD.

Was he wearing a Kimber while showing his timber?

Maybe he was sporting a Glock while stroking his.....?

It has to do with him losing his second amendment rights due to a seemingly innocuous behavior, that many of us have probably done.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    She took 37 pictures and tells her husband that's all she can think about and the guy is charged and found guilty!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm not sure how I feel about it. He was in his hotel room. He did however expose himself. But for some woman to use a telephoto lens to take pictures, I think she should be the one charged.

I could only make it half way through it. One lady claims she is always having nightmares after seeing the guy naked from 172' across the way and she is always arguing with her husband about the incident because it is always on her mind. I don't know, is this what the Roman Empire had to deal with right before its fall? I cannot imagine what this guy could have done in front of his sliding glass door, while naked, that would have offended me so much that I would have sought to ruin his career and have him locked up for it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    There was quite a bit more in the story in the Cecil Whig when the trial was going on but you need to subscribe to read the Whig stories. So here is some additional information from Delmarva Now. It appeared he would act up in front of the window whenever the women were on their balcony in the hotel next door on the same level as he was.
    http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...aled-cecil-prosecutor-exposure-case/95167300/

Read the entire article. Didn't find much that I took offense with, if anything. He caught the peeping toms and figured he would give them a show. They could have closed the blinds to their window and averted their eyes. Christ, now the law is that the shades must be drawn while having sex in one's own abode.

This is like the oral sex laws and sodomy laws in Maryland. Something that is never enforced, until it is enforced. Good thing the peeping toms didn't catch him and his wife doing anything like that and have a really good camera with a telephoto lens.

Like I've told my wife, 1,000 acres will not be enough for me.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I could only make it half way through it. One lady claims she is always having nightmares after seeing the guy naked from 172' across the way and she is always arguing with her husband about the incident because it is always on her mind. I don't know, is this what the Roman Empire had to deal with right before its fall? I cannot imagine what this guy could have done in front of his sliding glass door, while naked, that would have offended me so much that I would have sought to ruin his career and have him locked up for it.

......and lose his 2A rights.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It would be like your neighbor who lives behind you just over 50 yards away and every time your wife walks out on the deck he starts exposing himself behind a glass door with the curtains wide open. The ladies complained to both hotels management and on the second day, after a number of occurrences, it was a hotel security person who also witnessed the performance who called the police.

The guy is a perv and doesn't deserve any sympathy.

I have to agree with you. The women who found this behavior so offensive could have, well, taken the initiative to look away? I'm also doubtful about the claims of eye contact at 172'. Surely, this guy and his bride were surprisingly frisky for their age, but they were married and in their hotel room. The reporting is silent on establishing that they had any intention of public display, and the wife claims they did not. So maybe there was more evidence than we read here. But in the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland, all behavior is regulated, so it makes me wonder.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    :lol: I was trying to work in Ruger somehow but the muse wasn't working hard enough last night...

While playing with his pewter, he was thinking of his Ruger.

I believe he was prosecuted because someone didn't want him to have the judgeship. He was probably not liked. Can you see a Vienna sausage at 172 feet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom