• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Hogan cannot prevent any law from being passed, all he can do is delay it...So there is no argument you can make that would give a valid reason for voting for him. none...

I think I can, the is no one else. To vote for a Democratic Party member is to simply roll over and give up. I'm not giving up. Has anyone contacted the Maryland Republican Party?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hogan cannot prevent any law from being passed, all he can do is delay it...So there is no argument you can make that would give a valid reason for voting for him. none...

Wrong. Even though he's hopelessly outnumbered and subject to the whims of the MD General ASSembly, he's at least a voice that wouldn't be there at all if, say, Anthony Brown were governor. His and other Republicans' muffled voices and screams into the wind might at least be noticed by some of the rational Democrats, to the extent that there are any.

There is EVERY reason never to vote for another Democrat for any office in this monolithic, one-party, tyrannically-run state. Always.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    Wrong. Even though he's hopelessly outnumbered and subject to the whims of the MD General ASSembly, he's at least a voice that wouldn't be there at all if, say, Anthony Brown were governor. His and other Republicans' muffled voices and screams into the wind might at least be noticed by some of the rational Democrats, to the extent that there are any.

There is EVERY reason never to vote for another Democrat for any office in this monolithic, one-party, tyrannically-run state. Always.

Agreed!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    So where does this leave us? I didn't see anything about binary triggers in SB707. What does this actually mean in a nutshell?

From p3 of SB707....see item 'E'

SENATE BILL 707 3
    1 (13) UZI semiautomatic pistol;
    2 (14) Weaver Arms semiautomatic Nighthawk pistol; or
    3 (15) Wilkinson semiautomatic “Linda” pistol.
    4 (d) “Assault weapon” means:
    5 (1) an assault long gun;
    6 (2) an assault pistol; or
    7 (3) a copycat weapon.
    8 (E) “BINARY TRIGGER SYSTEM” MEANS A DEVICE THAT, WHEN INSTALLED
    9 IN OR ATTACHED TO A FIREARM, FIRES BOTH WHEN THE TRIGGER IS PULLED AND
    10 ON RELEASE OF THE TRIGGER.

11 (F) “BUMP STOCK” MEANS A DEVICE THAT, WHEN INSTALLED IN OR
    12 ATTACHED TO A FIREARM, INCREASES THE RATE OF FIRE OF THE FIREARM BY USING
    13 ENERGY FROM THE RECOIL OF THE FIREARM TO GENERATE A RECIPROCATING
    14 ACTION THAT FACILITATES REPEATED ACTIVATION OF THE TRIGGER.
    15 (G) “BURST TRIGGER SYSTEM” MEANS A DEVICE THAT, WHEN INSTALLED IN
    16 OR ATTACHED TO A FIREARM, ALLOWS THE FIREARM TO DISCHARGE TWO OR MORE
    17 SHOTS WITH A SINGLE PULL OF THE TRIGGER BY ALTERING THE TRIGGER RESET.

And P4:

(2) “RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” INCLUDES A BUMP STOCK
    27 AND TRIGGER CRANK, TRIGGER CRANK, HELLFIRE TRIGGER, BINARY TRIGGER
    28 SYSTEM, BURST TRIGGER SYSTEM, OR A COPY OR A SIMILAR DEVICE, REGARDLESS
    29 OF THE PRODUCER OR MANUFACTURER.
    30 (3) “RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” DOES NOT INCLUDE A
    31 SEMIAUTOMATIC REPLACEMENT TRIGGER THAT IMPROVES THE PERFORMANCE

There is the section on p5 (see B 1)

(B) THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO THE POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE
    13 TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BY A PERSON WHO:
    14 (1) POSSESSED THE RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BEFORE
    15 OCTOBER 1, 2018;

16 (2) APPLIED TO THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO,
    17 FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018, FOR AUTHORIZATION TO
    18 POSSESS A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR; AND
    19 (3) IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR
    20 POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR.
    21 4–306.
    22 (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, a person who violates

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, everyone should look on the positive side. All the calling writing etc. made the bills he eventually signed less a lot less crappy. And they are far better than what introduced initially, and also better than was proposed by the man most people here supported in 2016 (Donald "Get the guns first" Trump). The bump stock bill basically lets us have things before Oct 1 2018 if the ATF allows it. The red flag bill is about the same as the protection from abuse statue, a heck of a lot better than earlier iterations. It will likely be abused in the same way. So get yourself a good divorce attorney.

Also, what the Dems accomplished this year was far less than what was accomplished in Florida, or even Vermont. If y'all do not think Hogan moved the needle, you are not paying attention.

To be completely and totally fair though, people who say things like "I would never vote for him" on an open forum, maybe for the last 3.5 years, have basically given his aides broad license to ignore us. This forum is not as anonymous as people think. If his aides think we wont vote for him because of a pile of complaints starting with that he did not instruct the MDSP to accept self defense, or some other nonsense, then they wont even try to win us over. They simply write people off and move on to persuadable voters.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena

SENATE BILL 707 3
    7 (3) a copycat weapon.

And P4:

15 OCTOBER 1, 2018;

21 4–306.

I read an older version that only had bump stocks and cranks. I got excited for a second.

How does one apply to the ATF? Is there a website or do you send them a letter saying pretty please?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Perspective

I look back to the approvals of HPRB members, where my county guy was blackballed. Every person up there being grilled as a Hogan NRA 2A, pass out the guns puppet. "Word on the street" and all that. Moms going to hearings with notepads in effort to kill it. Focus on that. You'd never get that with a Democrat Governor. When I had a review in DC, I searched social media of the board I was being judged by. One member's social media acct was near exclusively anti gun demonstrations. Put a Dem in our mansion, and that's your next HPRB, a MSP rubber stamp. We've yet to see what the heck they've done to the board procedures, I expect it may not be good, but that is speculation. I do know Hogan appoints people that will overturn MSP decisions.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    Well, everyone should look on the positive side. All the calling writing etc. made the bills he eventually signed less a lot less crappy. And they are far better than what introduced initially,...a heck of a lot better than earlier iterations.
    ... what the Dems accomplished this year was far less than what was accomplished in Florida, or even Vermont. If y'all do not think Hogan moved the needle, you are not paying attention.

... people who say things like "I would never vote for him" on an open forum, maybe for the last 3.5 years, have basically given his aides broad license to ignore us. This forum is not as anonymous as people think.

Amen, brother.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

SENATE BILL 707 3
    7 (3) a copycat weapon.

And P4:

15 OCTOBER 1, 2018;

21 4–306.

Regarding the following... since line 18 has an AND (meaning that conditions one through three must be applied), has anyone figured out what we do about condition 2? i.e. applied to ATF for authorization to possess a rapid fire trigger activator.

I do note that it says "applied for authorization" not "granted authorization". Is it enough just to send a letter applying for authorization, even though we know they won't grant it or respond in any official way other than to say we don't do this?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yeah, better to have somebody like O'Malley in there championing something like FSA2013. He had to force some people to vote for FSA2013 to get it passed. Much better to have an O'Malley versus a Hogan. Plus, the rain tax was brilliant and didn't O'Malley increase the gas tax too. Great stuff for the environment and our pocket books.

Did O'Malley sign the bill repealing the shell casing law? I ask because I cannot remember.

Now, let me go find that sarcasm button.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If you want to know what Kommienuts or Madaleno as gov would have signed, look at the original un-amended bills, or the one that Madaleno actually sponsored.

Anyone who actually thought Hogan would veto a bill that Trump "get the guns and bump stocks first" went on TV and supported should put the crack pipe down.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hogan knows how to play both sides , we all knew it was coming to this in the end . I just hope the thirst of our blood does not give the anti's new found energy . They cleaned our clocks this last session , and they had momentum from the school shootings from around the country .

Timing is everything , i don't know voting for anyone else other then Hogan will do . All any of us can do is to get up and dust ourselves off and keep going after we get done our bitching and moaning . We have just been had .

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The politics of fear once again and seemingly forever at play. "You've got to vote for this guy because he's better than the turd the Democrats will nominate!" Nonsense.

The MDGOP sold us all down the river with bump stock and the ERPO bills. They played politics with our rights so they might have a better shot at staying in office. What is the point of voting for people who will abandon your principles when it matters most? At least the gun grabber will say "I want your guns" and actively scheme to come get them. The closet turds/RINOs (and I use the term RINO begrudgingly; broadly speaking in a macro sense, there is practically no difference in the parties) will lie to our faces and then stab us in the back. The guy who is upfront about it can be countered, protested, worked again. The backstabber will have the element of surprise. Why vote for that guy? If the "conservative party" isn't going to do conservative things, fvck them.

If we're constantly willing to prop up a particular candidate/official because they are "less bad" than the other guy, we will continue to get a stream of shitty candidates that don't actually move the needle. For fvck's sake, the Sun put out an editorial last week suggesting Hogan was a closet Democrat!

If you want to abandon your principles and vote for someone who chose to sign legislation that will allow confiscation of your firearms based on one person telling a lie, that's your business. Kindly don't belittle those of us who will stick to our principles and refuse to support in any form or fashion those who support Communist tactics such as those found in the ERPO bills. No.

Show me a candidate worth my vote and they'll get it. Until that time, the gun grabbing turds (regardless of party affiliation) can FOAD. Hogan and his ilk can suck it.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    At this point, every single one of you saying you're still going to vote for Hogan after this, is as anti-gun as Bloomberg as far as I'm concerned.

To be completely and totally fair though, people who say things like "I would never vote for him" on an open forum, maybe for the last 3.5 years, have basically given his aides broad license to ignore us. This forum is not as anonymous as people think. If his aides think we wont vote for him because of a pile of complaints starting with that he did not instruct the MDSP to accept self defense, or some other nonsense, then they wont even try to win us over. They simply write people off and move on to persuadable voters.

This is 100% true.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The politics of fear once again and seemingly forever at play. "You've got to vote for this guy because he's better than the turd the Democrats will nominate!" Nonsense.

The MDGOP sold us all down the river with bump stock and the ERPO bills. They played politics with our rights so they might have a better shot at staying in office. What is the point of voting for people who will abandon your principles when it matters most? At least the gun grabber will say "I want your guns" and actively scheme to come get them. The closet turds/RINOs (and I use the term RINO begrudgingly, broadly speaking in a macro sense, there is practically no difference in the parties) will lie to our faces and then stab us in the back. Why vote for that guy? If the "conservative party" isn't going to do conservative things, fvck them.

If we're constantly willing to prop up a particular candidate/official because they are "less bad" than the other guy, we will continue to get a stream of shitty candidates that don't actually move the needle. For fvck's sake, the Sun put out an editorial last week suggesting Hogan was a closet Democrat!

If you want to abandon your principles and vote for someone who chose to sign legislation that will allow confiscation of your firearms based on one person telling a lie, that's your business. Kindly don't belittle those of us who will stick to our principles and refuse to support in any form or fashion those who support Communist tactics such as those found in the ERPO bills. No.

Show me a candidate worth my vote and they'll get it. Until that time, the gun grabbing turds (regardless of party affiliation) can FOAD. Hogan and his ilk can suck it.

giphy.gif

Regarding the following... since line 18 has an AND (meaning that conditions one through three must be applied), has anyone figured out what we do about condition 2? i.e. applied to ATF for authorization to possess a rapid fire trigger activator.

I do note that it says "applied for authorization" not "granted authorization". Is it enough just to send a letter applying for authorization, even though we know they won't grant it or respond in any official way other than to say we don't do this?

I have something in the works for this. If I am successful, it will be shared with MDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom