• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Shot sporting clays last weekend and have developed a new addiction! I've been starting my search for a new shotgun. Has anyone used the new A400?

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yes, not for clays though. It's almost my new go-to bird gun, on the cusp of replacing a Beretta 390 20ga.

It's a beretta, expensive, points and swings effortlessly well, shoots well, and recoil is easy.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Yes, not for clays though. It's almost my new go-to bird gun, on the cusp of replacing a Beretta 390 20ga.

It's a beretta, expensive, points and swings effortlessly well, shoots well, and recoil is easy.

Thanks for the input. Which model do you have?

Grason

Sep 30, 2011
    I just got the A400 Xtreme a month or so ago, I love it. I have shot probably 10-15 rounds of skeet with it and have yet to had a shell jam. The Kick off stock works well too, It really saves your shoulder on 3 1/2" shells.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Check this out: http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=9011

Anyone who shoots at Oxford Gun Club is welcome to try it out (Tuesday nights). It will also be there this Sunday morning around 9:30 AM, if it's not sold before.

4769.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Where do u buy one of those? I can only think of Dick"s , but those guys know nothing about firearms.

Me? Millers Guns, New Castle, DE.

Might as well buy mine, save you $400 off retail. If you want the true Millers experience I can treat you like schit and answer your questions in a condescending manner while we talk about the gun? :rolleyes:

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co

Might as well buy mine, save you $400 off retail. If you want the true Millers experience I can treat you like schit and answer your questions in a condescending manner while we talk about the gun? :rolleyes:

he he , I promissed my wife no new guns this year :)

if you don't sell it by x-mas ( which I doubt) , I'll take it off your hands :)

so here are my questions ,
    Why on earth someone would spoil an otherwise beatiful gun and make it blue ?

How is it diff from urika2 ?

what makes it target and not field?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    he he , I promissed my wife no new guns this year :)

if you don't sell it by x-mas ( which I doubt) , I'll take it off your hands :)

so here are my questions ,
    Why on earth someone would spoil an otherwise beatiful gun and make it blue ?

How is it diff from urika2 ?

what makes it target and not field?

1) Have yet to figure that out. Now I've been told they had a chance to change the look and decided it was better to leave it as a brand recognition kind of thing.

2) Not sure on the differences, probably the back bored barrel, "POD", little heavier in weight, possibly the "blink" action. (not sure on that).

3) Weight and figure of the wood. This will be common throughout almost all brands and models. Field guns are generally up to a pound lighter and almost always have more plain grained stocks. (and always oil finished vs gloss)

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co

How does a MD resident buy a shotgun in DE ?

These things are not regulated... so is it two froms of ID and instant carry ?

or is not that simple?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Cash and carry. Can be as quick as about 20 minutes flat, out the door.

Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    FFL u mean transfer to an MD dealer? what's 4473?

A 4473 is the Federal form you fill out when you buy a firearm from a dealer. Under Federal law you can buy a rifle or shotgun, provided it is legal in your home state, in another state.

MD has weird rules on regulated firearms, so we can't buy them in another state.

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    A 4473 is the Federal form you fill out when you buy a firearm from a dealer. Under Federal law you can buy a rifle or shotgun, provided it is legal in your home state, in another state.

MD has weird rules on regulated firearms, so we can't buy them in another state.

Thats good to know, thanks

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Shot sporting clays last weekend and have developed a new addiction! I've been starting my search for a new shotgun. Has anyone used the new A400?

Loch Raven Skeet & Trap just got two of them as rental guns. So far they've been very well received by staff and customers. We also just got two 20 gauge Benelli's. So if you want to shoot one you could rent one of ours and shoot some targets with the Beretta.

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Loch Raven Skeet & Trap just got two of them as rental guns. So far they've been very well received by staff and customers. We also just got two 20 gauge Benelli's. So if you want to shoot one you could rent one of ours and shoot some targets with the Beretta.

Thanks for the heads up! I will try to get over there soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom