• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    man so let me get this right, with a c&r you can purchase a c&r pistol without having to sign away your life to msp?
    whats needed when you purchase a c&r pistol?
    do you need to notify msp?

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    It's just like buying a C&R rifle...As long as you purchase it from a dealer in another state.
    In state C&R pistol purchases still need to go through MSP.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    man so let me get this right, with a c&r you can purchase a c&r pistol without having to sign away your life to msp?
    whats needed when you purchase a c&r pistol?
    do you need to notify msp?

Yes, the MSP is not involved with interstate commerce. Purchases winth the State of MD, regardless of C&R still include the MSP background check.

To get a C&R request a packet from the BATFE, fill out the paperwork (both sections). Detach the section for your local CLEO/county sheriff and mail it to them (No action is required by the CLEO, unless you're a bad guy). Mail the other section to the BATFE and a $30 check. Wait for your C&R license to arrive.

WILLIAM FISHER

Muzzle Head
    Dec 22, 2010
    Carroll Co
    whats the story on C&R pistol purchases in MD, I just sent off for a Luger thru gun brokers..some say they wont ship to C&R's. can you purchase a pistol in Md with the thing?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    whats the story on C&R pistol purchases in MD, I just sent off for a Luger thru gun brokers..some say they wont ship to C&R's. can you purchase a pistol in Md with the thing?

Some will accept a C&R, most will not on gunbroker.

In state - even though you have a C&R, you must abide buy MD laws, to include the 7 day wait.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I too was curious about the CZ-82 from AIM.

Poll: Should I buy a Mosin Nagant rifle AND the Nagant pistol, or just the CZ-82? Buying all three isn't an option.

Interesting and difficult question as they are about the same price range.

I would get the CZ-82. For the money it is a great value and when they are gone it is almost much guaranteed the price will go up IMHO.

Mosin Nagant rifles should be in good supply for a while. The Nagant revolver is a cool piece, but for my money the CZ-82 is a better shooter in all categories.

The CZ-82 does not have the history of the Mosin and Nagant if that is a factor.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I too was curious about the CZ-82 from AIM.

Poll: Should I buy a Mosin Nagant rifle AND the Nagant pistol, or just the CZ-82? Buying all three isn't an option.

I'm with blueheeler, get the cz.82.

You're going to want to get a Mosin-Nagant too, later, when you can afford it. The cz.82s aren't going to last forever, and IMO it's the best deal on any C&R gun i've bought, except maybe the Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev.

Thanks for reminding me that my toy fund has already been accounted for for the next month or so :sad20: :D:thumbsup:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Off-topic, but I noticed APEX gun parts has cz.82 magazines for $25.

Is there a better deal out there somewhere? I wouldn't mind having a few more mags, but I don't want to spend what I have into the gun on mags.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

When it comes to GB or AuctionArms I always check with the seller BEFORE I bid on a C&R eligible item if there's any doubt. The seller isn't required to accept a C&R and there are some dealers that refuse to do just that. I think it's poor business practice but in the end it's their decision.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Tokarevs are magnificently awesome, and I would recommend getting one of them before a CZ-82 or Nagant revolver.

That said, I got a Romanian Tokarev a little while back, and should be finally receiving my CZ-82 and Nagant revolver from SOG tomorrow :D

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I LOVE my C&R. You really need to send your license to bunch of firearms distributors around the country. SOG (Sothern Ohio Gun) is one of my favorites. During their Christmas Specials I ordered a CZ-82 ($160) and a Nagant revolver for ($86). You will also get dealer discounts at Brownells and Midway. Sometimes at Brownells the savings are HUGE, like 20% off or more. Plus the the other distributors will start sending you no shit dealer fliers for new firearms, in which you just have you FFL 01 dealer purchase the firearm. Everyone's right, the only quicker way to burn benjamins is with a match. Cheers!

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    All this talk made me want a Tokarev, and it came today :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_0466.JPG
      100_0466.JPG
      31.8 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics