• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Anyone know how long you actually get the max output? I'm assuming it's like other olights in that the stated max is only available for 30-90 seconds? Still a good deal and I'm digging the camo pattern.

ETA: Max output is for 90 seconds.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Anyone know how long you actually get the max output? I'm assuming it's like other olights in that the stated max is only available for 30-90 seconds? Still a good deal and I'm digging the camo pattern.

ETA: Max output is for 90 seconds.

You are correct. It's a nice light and very bright but I wish it had more modes. You can't turn permanently turn on low mode. Only with half push of the button and you have to hold it. High is good for about a minute with permanent on. It's really a better light for situations where you need to light up something far away but not for long. It's not a good light for say taking a walk at night. I'd probably buy it again but wish it had more user control options.

Attachments

• 20200507_110203.jpg
      20200507_110203.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 411

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    You are correct. It's a nice light and very bright but I wish it had more modes. You can't turn permanently turn on low mode. Only with half push of the button and you have to hold it. High is good for about a minute with permanent on. It's really a better light for situations where you need to light up something far away but not for long. It's not a good light for say taking a walk at night. I'd probably buy it again but wish it had more user control options.

Mine has both momentary and constant in both low and high modes, snagged a couple WXpro and I5T combos on their first flash sale.

You get full output by pushing the button in all the way, till it clicks, low from pushing part way and stopping before it clicks. For momentary, push and hold it either past the "click" or before the click for each mode, then let it go to turn off the light. For constant, a quick < 1 second push in either high or low mode will leave it on, with it dropping down after 90 seconds if in the full mode past the click, have to push the button again to turn it off.

No strobe, and even the "low" 300lm mode is still fairly bright, but IMO it's fine for taking a walk lasting 8 hours on low, it's basically a small spotlight more than a big EDC light. Between the size, shape, strike bezel, and ability to put out a ridiculous amount of light in a tight pattern, it's a pretty solid defensive light for walks at night, or to keep in the car. It's too big to pocket for any length of time though, I clip mine on the outside of my pocket to free up hands. Also of note, the i5T is pretty awesome in it's own right, small and really pocket friendly with 20hrs at the 15lm low mode with a standard AA battery, it's fine for finding stuff in the dark. I'm not a huge fan of it's UI though, soft press for momentary, press till it clicks for constant is fine, but it defaults to low-mode, you have to double tap the switch to get high mode, wish it had the same UI as the X-pro, think that would suit it better.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Mine has both momentary and constant in both low and high modes, snagged a couple WXpro and I5T combos on their first flash sale.

You get full output by pushing the button in all the way, till it clicks, low from pushing part way and stopping before it clicks. For momentary, push and hold it either past the "click" or before the click for each mode, then let it go to turn off the light. For constant, a quick < 1 second push in either high or low mode will leave it on, with it dropping down after 90 seconds if in the full mode past the click, have to push the button again to turn it off.

No strobe, and even the "low" 300lm mode is still fairly bright, but IMO it's fine for taking a walk lasting 8 hours on low, it's basically a small spotlight more than a big EDC light. Between the size, shape, strike bezel, and ability to put out a ridiculous amount of light in a tight pattern, it's a pretty solid defensive light for walks at night, or to keep in the car. It's too big to pocket for any length of time though, I clip mine on the outside of my pocket to free up hands. Also of note, the i5T is pretty awesome in it's own right, small and really pocket friendly with 20hrs at the 15lm low mode with a standard AA battery, it's fine for finding stuff in the dark. I'm not a huge fan of it's UI though, soft press for momentary, press till it clicks for constant is fine, but it defaults to low-mode, you have to double tap the switch to get high mode, wish it had the same UI as the X-pro, think that would suit it better.

Weird. I just pulled mine off the nightstand and you're right. I'll admit the directions mine came with were pretty crap but now I feel like a dummy. Glad it has low mode now though, it just made my day.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Olite makes a good flash light but I can’t in good conscious buy a product from a know hostile country, if I can help it. I understand somethings are Chinese made or you don’t get anything.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Olite makes a good flash light but I can’t in good conscious buy a product from a know hostile country, if I can help it. I understand somethings are Chinese made or you don’t get anything.
    Same. I have several of their lights and like them. But the e2s I picked up will be the last one I buy from them. Surefire and Malkoff will be getting my $ moving forward.

Meanwhile, one of these with one of these makes for a pretty nice, basic (my strong preference) light.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I'm a flashlight nerd too. This Olight is too pricey for me. I get the Tasco 3 pack from Sam's Club for $20. Impressive lights for the $$.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Olight flashlights (including ones you can mount on your handgun) are Deal of the Day on Amazon today (17May2022). 20-30% off regular prices. I thought I would pass along the news in case someone was waiting to get one. Enjoy.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom