• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Anyone in Carroll or Baltimore Co. areas experienced with and have the tools for scope mounting and willing to help me out? I don't have a torque screwdriver or mini level. I'll wing it myself if need be, but figured I'd ask as I'd like this gun to be capable of more longer distance shooting. Simple AR mounting using offset rings.

thanks,
    Dave

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i've never used a torque wrench on dozens of scope installs with zero issues. just keep snugging from side to side until it's tight, with a drop of blue loctite on each of the screws. do you have a 'regular' level, ie, 1-2' long. just lay that across the top of your rail (perpendicular to the barrel) in front of your scope to get the rifle level/plumb. then use a deck rail baluster, or hang a string with a weight on the end and use that as a plumb line looking thru your scope. if you have a second level, i just put that on top of the elevation turret and no string needed.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    i've never used a torque wrench on dozens of scope installs with zero issues. just keep snugging from side to side until it's tight, with a drop of blue loctite on each of the screws. do you have a 'regular' level, ie, 1-2' long. just lay that across the top of your rail (perpendicular to the barrel) in front of your scope to get the rifle level/plumb. then use a deck rail baluster, or hang a string with a weight on the end and use that as a plumb line looking thru your scope. if you have a second level, i just put that on top of the elevation turret and no string needed.

this is pretty much what I was gonna do if I can't find anyone lol

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Anyone in Carroll or Baltimore Co. areas experienced with and have the tools for scope mounting and willing to help me out? I don't have a torque screwdriver or mini level. I'll wing it myself if need be, but figured I'd ask as I'd like this gun to be capable of more longer distance shooting. Simple AR mounting using offset rings.

thanks,
    Dave

I wish I was closer as I have all the tools. If you find yourself in Northern VA, send me a PM. I'm happy to help.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    4159_ITEM_PITTSBURG_6__TORPEDO_LEVEL_W_MAGNETIC_STRIP_1582089214.5934.png

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Buy the Wheeler Fatwrench and a cheap leveling kit. Anyone who owns a scoped rifle will end up moving it again at somepoint. Tools are a good investment.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Buy the Wheeler Fatwrench and a cheap leveling kit. Anyone who owns a scoped rifle will end up moving it again at somepoint. Tools are a good investment.

It's on my list and probably will get it eventually. Got a lot of projects right now and can't afford the extra money. Once I get the workbench fully setup in the basement it's gonna get ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom