• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I finally gave in and ordered one too. I'll post pictures of what I get.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Ha, I'm in the same boat. I ordered a Romanian Tok on Friday. I thought about one of these P64s, but I'm going to try to be good. Still waiting for my Star B to come in.

Did you take the mag delete penalty on the Star or did they agree to ship the mags to a state that recognizes the concept of liberty? I'll let you try the P64 if I can shoot your Star. Ok, that was a fairly awkward turn of phrase....

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Did you take the mag delete penalty on the Star or did they agree to ship the mags to a state that recognizes the concept of liberty? I'll let you try the P64 if I can shoot your Star. Ok, that was a fairly awkward turn of phrase....

The Star B comes with two 8-rd mags. Are you confusing this with another piece, possible my desire to have a CZ-82?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I got my from Classic. The condition was great and they ship fast.
    I take it out once every other month and the most I shoot is 1 or 2 clips. The P64 is not a shoot all day item as the Star B 9mm. If I had my choice again I will put my money on the Star B. Plus you find 9mm brass all over for reloading.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    I got my from Classic. The condition was great and they ship fast.
    I take it out once every other month and the most I shoot is 1 or 2 clips. The P64 is not a shoot all day item as the Star B 9mm. If I had my choice again I will put my money on the Star B. Plus you find 9mm brass all over for reloading.

I plan on picking up a Star B next but the P64 is something I've wanted for a bit. I'll be cutting down once fired 9mm Luger brass for my 9x18 handloads. I plan on using half of those 9 mm cases I've been saving for that purpose. I just wish I had some use for the 500 .40 S&W cases I have sitting here...

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    As promised, I have some pictures of the pistol AIM sent me. Judging by the type of wax paper it was wrapped in and the serial number font that was handwritten on that paper, I believe it was done in Poland. The magazine in the pistol matched but the other had another serial number. So, if you have a P64 with serial number 02223 and a pristine magazine for exchange, contact me because I have your extra magazine. The pistol itself was in essentially new condition showing only the lightest signs of wear and I believe those are storage marks because the barrel feed ramp shows no wear and the magazine follower shows only the slightest cartridge marks. The only bluing loss is at the muzzle on one side and it is pictured below. I don't like the import stamp placement but at least it's light and crisp which does look better than any of the century dot matrix billboards I've seen. Anywho, here are the pictures. The entire pistol was covered in a very thin cosmoline so there are some fuzzies to be seen. Please ignore those.

Right side:

Left side with import stamp and bluing loss:

Close-up of bluing loss on left side muzzle:

Feed ramp. Zero wear:

Front strap. Zero wear:

Front of muzzle and crown:

Magazine followers:

The single action trigger is not as good as my Walther but it's close. The double action pull is as bad as everyone says it is. Finish is, again, not Walther Quality but it is as good if not better than my DDR Makarov.

Overall impression.......It will do. Thanks Aim Surplus!

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Very nice and complete post. I got mine from the folks at AIM today wrapped in the same wax paper. I posted my more pedestrian pic in the Just Got It Now thread. Mine, like yours, has virtually no wear and a light Cosmo sheen. Can't wait to run some ammo through it.

As promised, I have some pictures of the pistol AIM sent me. Judging by the type of wax paper it was wrapped in and the serial number font that was handwritten on that paper, I believe it was done in Poland. The magazine in the pistol matched but the other had another serial number. So, if you have a P64 with serial number 02223 and a pristine magazine for exchange, contact me because I have your extra magazine. The pistol itself was in essentially new condition showing only the lightest signs of wear and I believe those are storage marks because the barrel feed ramp shows no wear and the magazine follower shows only the slightest cartridge marks. The only bluing loss is at the muzzle on one side and it is pictured below. I don't like the import stamp placement but at least it's light and crisp which does look better than any of the century dot matrix billboards I've seen. Anywho, here are the pictures. The entire pistol was covered in a very thin cosmoline so there are some fuzzies.

Overall impression.......It will do. Thanks Aim Surplus!

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Ordered a P64 from SOG on Thursday. It will be my number 2, but I like those little guns for some reason. Will post pics on receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom