• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Anyone fish here before in the Summer? Would love to hear a fishing report or hear about any tips. Thanks!

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Hunted there many times over the years, but never fished it. Has some nice deer and a few turkeys. Seemed kind of narrow and not that deep. Probably great for perch, bluegills, etc. What are you interested in fishing?

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Have taken my daughter there many times. Lots of blue gills and perch. She'll have fun but you won't be catching much for dinner. There is a nice play area for kids if she gets bored with fishing and they have canoe rentals also.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    If you head up the creek you may catch a few LM. Bass. The Lilly pads and structure from fall down would be good places to try. Below the dam get fished hard by young ones but you may catch a few. Plastics, topwater minnows, and small spinners for the bass and overzealous perch, night crawlers for the rest.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Blast from my past! I used to fish Tuckhoe and nearby Martinak perhaps 30 years ago. Back then it was pretty decent for perch and occasional bass. A couple times I was really bringing in the Crappie! With worms or small spinners, you could occasionally tear up bluegills. Can't speak to how it is now. It's even been several years since I've even camped or hiked there. (Loved camping there...with tent years ago, with camper on the electric loop up to a few years ago)

The lake can produce some decent bass in the back but it can also be hit or miss.If you have a small boat/canoe/kayak you can drop in at the public ramp in Hillsboro and head either way (up/down stream) and catch everything from white/yellow perch to stripers depending on the tide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom