• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If you don't mind me asking, where did those rosewood grips come from?

I've got a model 27 that could use some wood for those occasions where one needs to dress up a bit. :D

I cut down a rosewood tree, grabbed my pocket knife and went to town on it. :D
    Seriously I ordered them from Midway. They were seventy something.

Last edited:

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Congratulations, what a great looking gun! I'm happy that you were able to use your C&R to get your gun back. Even if it's not exactly the same one, they were born in the same place. I hope you enjoy putting many rounds thru it.

I don't mind, $799.00, which seems to me to be a fair price as I bid on one 2 weeks before that was only in decent shape, wife went in to the hospital and I was too busy to keep up with the bidding and it went for $750, I really like it when the seller has a buy now price. Also someone has a pre model 27 up on gun broker now that looks like its been dropped a few times and the starting bid is over $2000.
    Also I got in new grips yesterday, the ones on it now are not original, so I wanted to upgrade them a bit, I will post new pics later today.

You got a good buy for an M-28 in that shape, even without the original grips. M-28s have been escalating in value the past couple of years even more than other Smiths, and that's a lot. I've been watching the prices on them at the Chantilly shows go up and up, with the guns actually selling, and I'm sorry I didn't buy one a few weeks ago.

You might want to keep an eye on the classifieds on the Smith-Wessonforums.com website for a pair of original grips.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    You got a good buy for an M-28 in that shape, even without the original grips. M-28s have been escalating in value the past couple of years even more than other Smiths, and that's a lot. I've been watching the prices on them at the Chantilly shows go up and up, with the guns actually selling, and I'm sorry I didn't buy one a few weeks ago.

You might want to keep an eye on the classifieds on the Smith-Wessonforums.com website for a pair of original grips.

Actually I don't like the original grips that these come with they feel too small like the gun will fly out of my hand when I pull the trigger. The first thing I did when I bought the one in my story was change the grips right in the pawn shop before I wore it out of the shop. Also I have a pair of grips that came with a 686 that I bought in Alaska, I changed those out right in the shop as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom