• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Going to use the google fu, but figured i would start a post here anyway too. I'm looking to get a big ol bull barrel threaded. timeline doesn't REALLY matter but would prefer it not tied up for 3-4 months while it waits on the shelf to be done.

Anyone know of a reputable gunsmith that can do this? I don't want to mention the name of the one i've been using because they are good but the timeframes are variable from a week to 4 months.

So far: https://www.silencercentral.com/services/barrel-threading/ seems like it might be the way to go but, it feels strange sending it in the mail.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Three local options come to mind

Ed harren in southern Ijamsville near 355/75. He builds competition LR rifles and is very good. Confirm directly timeframe. Mds username is DocHarren, I believe

Walt Frear - Monrovia - 10 mins from the 75/80 interchange due southof new market. Walt came in under budget and ahead of schedule for a pistol rebuild/conversion of a LEO trade-in Sig229 in 40sw.

Tim hafer - just west of Hagerstown. Tim is very talented and I believe does single point threading for barrels. Becca has recently started working in the shop and managing the front of house. This is allowing Tim more time back on the bench and shorter times on work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For quick turn around, with excellent work I use Short Action Customs, in Ohio, or Long Rifles Inc, in Sturgis, ND.

Both are 1 week door to door.

For local, I have used John at Duffy's to do a Ruger 22/45, and he did a super job. But not quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom