• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    The attached bulletin should help clarify why TK Defense does not ship magazines deemed “high capacity” by the State of Maryland out of state. Yeah, it’s severe overreach, but I have yet to see any FFL clamoring to be the test case. Let’s see a show of hands for volunteers....

Also, from the MSP licensing page:
    “Can an FFL, or an FFL licensed as a Manufacturer, take an existing detachable magazine with the capacity greater than 20 rounds or greater than 10 rounds on and after October 1, 2013 and modify it to comply with the law?”

“Yes, a Maryland licensed dealer and/or a Maryland licensed dealer, licensed as a Manufacturer, may modify a detachable magazine, as long as once modified, the magazine is not capable of being readily converted back to its original capacity. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (BATFE) has explained that since 2005, they no longer regulate large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Therefore, a dealer/manufacturer can “pin”/”block”/”plug” magazines as this is not considered a firearm by BATFE.”

As far as altering magazines in order to reduce their capacity, MSP offers NO guidance on what they deem a PERMANENT modification, other than the vague statement above. If said modification is not to their satisfaction, a dealer’s livelihood, freedom, finances, and 2nd Amendment rights could all be in peril. With the solid anti-2A agenda of the state, TK’s position is that it simply isn’t worth the risk.

Attachments

• 8340130C-EF61-4334-ACA4-3631D8CDE89F.jpeg
      8340130C-EF61-4334-ACA4-3631D8CDE89F.jpeg
      62.6 KB · Views: 1,420

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, so the OOS seller sells the mags separately to OOS third party, who in turn gifts/sells the mags to MD Tax Generator during a subsequent OOS visit to BFF third party.

MDSP can eat a large bag of Richards. Their jurisdiction ends at the state line. That's why extradition exists.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    OK, so the OOS seller sells the mags separately to OOS third party, who in turn gifts/sells the mags to MD Tax Generator during a subsequent OOS visit to BFF third party.

MDSP can eat a large bag of Richards. Their jurisdiction ends at the state line. That's why extradition exists.
    That’s the best way to do it. The catch-all phrase “offer to sell” is a huge problem because it can be open to broad legal interpretation, jurisdictional issues notwithstanding. And I’m sure, for example, that Northam’s sidekick, Attorney General Mark Herring, would be more than happy to cooperate with Frosh and MSP on such an issue.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    This is some scary serious shit. Hope they don't start a task force to monitor all the standard magazine violations, after they straighten out the covid deal of course.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This isn’t new, that advisory is almost 3 years old. MSP can eat a bag of d*cks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    and there are people here that give us crap for not allowing any non-compliant mags for any reason in the classifieds; for the very reason that "offer for sale" is vague.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    This isn’t new, that advisory is almost 3 years old. MSP can eat a bag of d*cks

Unfortunately, bags of dicks are limited to 10 or less dicks. Any more than 10 would be a high capacity bag of dicks, therefore illegal.

Nothing to say they can't eat 3 standard capacity bags of dicks thou...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Unfortunately, bags of dicks are limited to 10 or less dicks. Any more than 10 would be a high capacity bag of dicks, therefore illegal.

Nothing to say they can't eat 3 standard capacity bags of dicks thou...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Stop asking questions. Questions often lead to new interpretations.

Sadly... there are two types who ask these questions.

1) Those who actually do want to know.

2) Those who are attempting to trip someone up in an “anti gun liberal gotcha” on a gun forum.

We must be careful that the correct and lawful answers are the ones we provide/insist on. And not some inane suggestions for working around the laws... which would bring us nothing but the wrong kinds of attention.

Whatever opinions may be held about the laws... we are obligated to them. And we must protect ourselves until such time as we can get the SCOTUS to tell Maryland to allow us to exercise our 2A COTUS Rights... unfettered by their infringements.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Everyone NEEDS to stop running the mouths. "Loose lips sink ships" DO NOT give them anything they can use to trample our rights.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    ad·vi·so·ry
    /ədˈvīzərē/

adjective
    adjective: advisory

having or consisting in the power to make recommendations but not to take action enforcing them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ad·vi·so·ry
    /ədˈvīzərē/

adjective
    adjective: advisory

having or consisting in the power to make recommendations but not to take action enforcing them.

That is all well and good until the agency issuing the advisory has virtually unlimited power over the FFL's ability to conduct business. If the MSP issued an advisory that firearms not be transferred on Tuesdays or Thursdays, you wouldn't be buying any guns on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Who's going to bat for us against the MSP? Hogan? The MGA?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Everyone NEEDS to stop running the mouths. "Loose lips sink ships" DO NOT give them anything they can use to trample our rights.

I'd be more worried about the 2A-hater lawyers that Bloomturd is paying salaries for in the MD State's Attorneys Office.

They don't need to come to MDS to get infringement ideas.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    That is all well and good until the agency issuing the advisory has virtually unlimited power over the FFL's ability to conduct business. If the MSP issued an advisory that firearms not be transferred on Tuesdays or Thursdays, you wouldn't be buying any guns on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Who's going to bat for us against the MSP? Hogan? The MGA?

I totally agree and understand this. The fact the MSP sends out something that has a heading labeled "Advisory" and is as convoluted as IRS instructions, yet has the power to disrupt a constitutional right...pisses me off. Poorly written Laws and their faulty execution are what make honest men do "illegal" things.
    I am well aware of how most Md. FFL's are forced to do business...I'm surprised there are any left. The first rule of this group should be don't discuss Magazines or Barrel Contours....nothing to see here.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I'd be more worried about the 2A-hater lawyers that Bloomturd is paying salaries for in the MD State's Attorneys Office.

They don't need to come to MDS to get infringement ideas.

But yet, I bet they do. :mad54: We should be going onto Moms and Everytown to do the same thing. You know, be on the attack instead of constantly on defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom