• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    LOBBY DAY LOGISTICS & IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Here are several things you need to know if coming to the VCDL Lobby Day on January 20th.

PARKING: If you are coming by car, there will be a satellite parking area at the Diamond located at 3001 N Arthur Ashe Blvd, Richmond, VA 23230. The entrance to the parking lot is round the corner on Robin Hood Road. VCDL will be running shuttle buses from the Diamond to 9th and Broad Streets from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Shuttle bus and parking are free, but if you want to make a donation to help cover the cost you can donate online by going to vcdl.org/donate. Street parking and local private garages will fill up quickly and we are trying to keep the traffic congestion around the area as low as possible.

HANDICAP DROP OFF: There will be an area on E. Marshall Street between 8th and 9th for handicap drop-off and pick-up. This will also be the location where the shuttle buses from the Diamond parking lot will load and unload. It is a 5 block walk to the point where the lines will form to enter the building and about 3-4 blocks to the entrance to Capitol Square. This is the closest that the Richmond Police Department (RPD) can get us. Also, please be advised that there will be no special entry line into the building for disabled people. The Capitol Police (CPD) and the Department of General Services (DGS) have indicated that one line and one entrance will be used for everyone.

BUS PARKING: If you are coming in a bus that we don't know about please contact us at bus@vcdl.org so that we can give you directions on the roads the buses must take to get to the parking area. Buses will be parked and will remain in that location until they are re-boarded for the trip home. It will be a short walk down the hill to the Capitol Square, about 4 to 6 blocks. RPD officers will guide you across Broad Street and will stop traffic as necessary for pedestrian crossing.

We would like to know the number of buses if possible so we can gauge how much parking will be needed. Passenger vehicles, including passenger vans, will NOT be permitted to park in the bus parking area.

STREET CLOSINGS: Broad Street will be restricted to one lane in each direction from 14th Street to 7th Street and will be closed at from time to time for pedestrian traffic. 9th Street will be closed to vehicle traffic from Cary Street to Broad Street. Main Street will be closed from 14th Street to 9th Street. Franklin and Grace Streets between 8th and 9th. Bank Street will be closed as well. These street closures will be in effect from 7:00 am until approximately 4:00 pm.

LOBBY TEAMS: Teams will begin forming at 8:00 am and start entering the GA Building right away. ARRIVE EARLY IF YOU INTEND TO LOBBY! We will meet at or near 10th and Bank Streets, form groups and move down 10th Street to Main to enter the building. Team Leaders will likely have orange VCDL clipboards and will be wearing high visibility vests. Seek them out as soon as you arrive and try to get on a team. Most team leaders will have a list of the Delegates and Senators with whom they will be meeting. However, if you can’t find a team with YOUR Delegate or Senator, we encourage you to join a team anyway, as things are likely to be crowded. Some Team Leaders are posting their Senator and Delegate assignments on Facebook. You can hook up with them in the VCDL Group.

EXPECT LONG LINES: There will be a large turnout. Not everyone will fit in the building at once. When the capacity is reached, entry into the building will be halted until people leave. Please visit your assigned offices and perhaps your own Senator's and Delegate's offices and then exit the building so others can enter. Patience is essential. If you have trouble standing for extended periods consider bringing a folding chair. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY CPD AND DGS THAT THERE WILL BE NO SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR HANDICAP ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING.

DRESS FOR THE WEATHER: It is January. It can be cold. Most of the day will be spent outside. Please check the weather and dress appropriately. Business casual or better attire is suggested. When you are communicating with people you do so with your appearance as well as your words. Wear comfortable shoes. There is a hill to climb from Main to Broad and the Capitol Square area is hilly as well. The elevators in the building will be packed so you may end up using stairs.

FOOD: There have been some food truck vendors who have indicated that they will be nearby. There are restaurants in the vicinity as well. However, with this many people in the area there will be long lines. It is advisable to bring snacks or sandwiches. We will post an alert soon if there are any prohibited items. We are waiting for advice from RPD and CPD.

CARRY: As of this moment, carry is prohibited inside the General Assembly (GA) Building and the Capitol. For this reason we suggest that if you intend to go inside to lobby you should leave your firearm at home, in your hotel room, ...

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    For those not familiar with the Richmond Capital area, the General Assembly (GA) building is called the Pocahontas building. The main (single) entrance is on Main Street between 8th and 10th street (if my memory is correct.) fred55

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If 50k show up, I hope the Dems contemplate the error of their thinking and decide to stop this madness.

sure hope you're right, but given the four anti-gun bills they sent on, right out of the gate, despite the massive 2a sanctuary county movement, thinking that won't happen.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    From ARFCOM if anyone wants make use of their cheap Baofengs.

Channel 0: 145.56 ARFVHF1 - This will be the primary channel for the Arfcom Information Network. Arfcom ops will transmit information that folks need to hear as well as actions for the group as a whole. I would suggest putting this as your A frequency and the one below as your B frequency so you can switch easily if the need arises.
    Channel 1: 147.445 ARFVHF2 - This will be the backup channel for AIN.
    Channel 2: 440.975 ARFUHF1 - This is the primary channel for licensed hams to send back information to us. Just be sure not to use this or the backup unless you are licensed. Since there will be dozens of hams at the event, radio discipline will be important so we don't all step on each other. Simplex net procedures with a net controller who's part of the event staff will be used. These won't be chit-chat channels, only info that the staff needs to know about. We'll have a callsign to use to get hold of whichever staffer is listening to inbounds. Keep an eye on this thread for that.
    Channel 3: 445.56 ARFUHF2 - This is the backup bi-directional channel for licensed hams.
    Channel 4: 145.43 KG4MRA - This is a local ham repeater that is located near downtown and should be reachable with an HT. This is only a backup and should only be used by licensed hams.
    Channel 5: 146.88 W4RAT-V - Another local repeater that should be reachable from Capitol Square. Again, backup only.
    Channel 6: 442.55 W4RAT-U - This is a local UHF repeater that licensed hams can use.
    Channel 7: 147.18 W4VCU-V - Another local VHF repeater that is supposedly near VCU which is not far from the event.
    Channel 8: 444.975 W4VCU-U - VCU UHF repeater
    Channel 9: 146.52 2MCALL - This is the 2-meter national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.
    Channel 10: 446.00 UHFCALL - This is the 70-cm national calling frequency for hams who want to use it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Those of you with whom I've communicated about Monday, please check the private space for Sunday dinner plans and rally point on Monday.

Northam the ***** is going to issue an Executive Order to ban firearms from the Capitol Grounds. He's laying down a gauntlet that a hundred thousand patriots are willing to take up.

Game on.

https://apnews.com/681a7a4bb8f38e83c3d2e2fb0f7ccf01

In my experience if they pick it up they will just hand it back to him. I've been lurking in the vcdl Facebook page for several weeks now and the only thing I see happening is more of the same tired strategies that virtually every second amendment advocacy group tries every year in states that passed tyrannical infringement. They write letters they send emails they make phone calls and now they're going to go to Lobby day and none of that is going to stop the Liberals in the legislature from passing these bills and none of that is going to stop the Governor from signing them. While I'm sure they will shortly thereafter be challenged in court it's going to take years before they get any final rolling on the constitutionality of these bills. In the meantime the Virginia legislature will continue to find new ways to pass more gun control laws in the state of Virginia. I thoroughly expect them to pass bills that will remove reciprocity from Virginia's concealed carry permit nullify all non-resident Virginia permits and possibly even change their permitting scheme from shall issue to May issue. There's nothing stopping them from doing any of that. The Supreme Court has shirked it's responsibility on ruling on the constitutionality of the Second Amendment as a whole. Just like in every other dark blue state many of the gun owners in Virginia including those who claim to be the leadership of their second amendment advocacy groups are so adamant about keeping their status as law-abiding they refuse to take any sort of patriotic action whatsoever that would actually be meaningful. You can point to what happens in Annapolis every year as proof it doesn't work. Maryland gun owners have been fighting the legislature in Annapolis for over 30 years and although they have won some small battles they are definitely losing the war. Since the court appears not to want to fix this situation it should be up to American Patriots but that's not going to happen. Nope,I they will simply Kick the Can down the road for future generations of Americans to fight and in my opinion ultimately lose their second amendment rights because our generation drop the ball

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    those who claim to be the leadership of their second amendment advocacy groups are so adamant about keeping their status as law-abiding

Indeed. Because most of them can't do things like fight this stuff in court (the only place it can be won when anti-gun voters outnumber pro-2A voters) while they are in jail, and bankrupt.

patriotic action

Which action, specifically, are you calling for? You've recently called for murdering elected politicians. Is that what you had in mind? Or are you thinking more about going after the people who elect them?

... would actually be meaningful.

Another vague, hand-wavy reference to something better than the type of court battles that gave us Heller. Which was spectacularly meaningful as a foundation for what happens next. In order to help on that front, are you still talking about hanging people? Why so coy?

You can point to what happens in Annapolis every year as proof it doesn't work. Maryland gun owners have been fighting the legislature in Annapolis for over 30 years

No, Maryland gun owners have been fighting OTHER MARYLAND VOTERS who overwhelmingly want to see guns go away, and who greatly outnumber us. The media is their partner/enabler/master (doesn't really matter which at any given time). The super-majority D legislature is the symptom, not the problem.

.... although they have won some small battles they are definitely losing the war.

Of course. Because we've utterly lost the head count battle, ideologically, among our fellow Maryland citizens. Which is why it has to go to court instead.

Since the court appears not to want to fix this situation

"The court" doesn't get to do ANYTHING it feels like doing. People with standing and resources have to drag matters upstream through multiple courts to get it done. And that is WORSE THAN USELESS (it's actually damaging) until you have a SCOTUS that you think will actually uphold the constitution. We are JUST NOW seeing a slim chance that the lately filled seats in that court might be a hill worth dying on. You want to see "meaningful" work in this area? Do everything you can to help the GOP maintain the Senate and Trump to get another four years to name more federal circuit, appeals, and SCOTUS people we can safely approach with these seminal cases.

In the meantime, knock off the aspirational lynching comments. You really think that's going to help?

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    For those of you staying at the Omni, there was a post on Arfcom (and confirmed by boots on the ground with the manager) that the hotel does not allow firearms. You will be asked to leave or store in your car if you are caught. Concealed is concealed, but for those taking long guns, perhaps a garment bag? Just an FYI...

Edit: Norton beat me to it in the other thread

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For those of you staying at the Omni, there was a post on Arfcom (and confirmed by boots on the ground with the manager) that the hotel does not allow firearms. You will be asked to leave or store in your car if you are caught. Concealed is concealed, but for those taking long guns, perhaps a garment bag? Just an FYI...

Saw that too...but I thought there was a state law that prohibited hotels from doing that.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Seeing talk that all parking lots and garages are going to be closed Monday, including the lot where VCDL was going to be shuttling people to/from... This is going to be a giant cluster****.

Well, that could seriously suck!!!! I am not familiar with Richmond at all and it's going to seriously suck if I drive all the way there from SOMD and have no place to park a vehicle. :mad54:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Seeing talk that all parking lots and garages are going to be closed Monday, including the lot where VCDL was going to be shuttling people to/from... This is going to be a giant cluster****.

I'm not putting it past the rats to do whatever they can to screw up everything connected to the rally.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    To all the naysayers: I'm going to the aid of my Virginia brothers because i can. What's my other choice, stay home and wring my hands? Not likely. Their fight is my fight.

Not one fvcking inch. The VA lawmakers ought to heed the state motto: Sic semper Tyranis, which flies over their heads on the statehouse as they attempt to pass these unconstitutional laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom