• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    How was MDRA? I was ill, wanted to go badly, but no way that weekend.
    Great weather..

Pretty good, only got there for the last couple of hours. It was really windy out there! I was able to get my MDRM and SA-14 Archer off on G's

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Just saw on the MDRA facebook group that someone is planning on launching a Full Scale Patriot powered by an N5600 this coming sunday. This weekend is also the annual Christmas tree launch.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Just saw on the MDRA facebook group that someone is planning on launching a Full Scale Patriot powered by an N5600 this coming sunday. This weekend is also the annual Christmas tree launch.

Either of these are cool, loved the Xmas tree launches in past years. Been accused of cheating just because the trunk of my tree looked like an AMRAAM. I don't see it as cheating, I see it as find holes in the rules.

N5600 for something that big should be cool, should have no problem seeing the entire flight.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Either of these are cool, loved the Xmas tree launches in past years. Been accused of cheating just because the trunk of my tree looked like an AMRAAM. I don't see it as cheating, I see it as find holes in the rules.

N5600 for something that big should be cool, should have no problem seeing the entire flight.

A patriot is about 17ft tall according to the interwebs...I wonder what their projected altitude for that is.

Hall Pass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2017
    Hereford, MD
    I have bought a couple of these Estes rocket sets for my sons. One didn't work at all. I'm sure I did something wrong but I can't figure what exactly. Everything appeared to be correct. I have another one that we are going to try as soon as the weather is just a little warmer.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Put up the Max family today. Was a beautiful day to fly.

Attachments

• max-rack2.jpg
      max-rack2.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 255

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    LDRS this weekend!

I know... LDRS this weekend, and I'm headed to NYC to watch my daughter play lacrosse. Oh well, it's her senior year. So next year, I'll be there.

What are you launching?

Remember, keep the pointy end up, and the fiery end down!!

Good luck!!

JoeR

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I'll be at LDRS Friday, Saturday, and early Sunday. Not flying, selling some stuff. Driving my 2007 Chevy dually, MDS , SOTAR, decals on back window.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    I know... LDRS this weekend, and I'm headed to NYC to watch my daughter play lacrosse. Oh well, it's her senior year. So next year, I'll be there.

What are you launching?

Remember, keep the pointy end up, and the fiery end down!!

Good luck!!

JoeR

Not going to fly anything, I don't do HP yet, so it's not really worth the cost to launch at ldrs for me. I plan on heading down at least sunday, maybe saturday and sunday to watch. The featured flight list is getting pretty long now, can't wait!

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Worked on my Semroc repro of the old Centuri Defender. It's a 3 motor cluster, I'm using it for my entry for the classic model contest at ecrm.
    defender.jpg
    And the upper stages of my Saturn V, what a masking nightmare.
    satV3rd.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice rockets! Have to revisit my childhood and get a couple of these for Daddy son project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom