• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    ...Or rather, the receiver for one did :innocent0 Saw this on a vendors table this morning and felt the price was right, so home with me it came. Haven't had much chance to figure out a year of manufacture for it; But, I've been able to track down some of the bigger parts for it (barrel, bolt, etc.) The only thing I can't seem to find is an 8mm receiver cover. I'm sure one will turn up somewhere. This thread will get updated as I slowly start to bring this ol' gal back to life:D

IMG_0406-2.jpg

IMG_0405-2.jpg

IMG_0407-3_1.jpg

IMG_0408-2.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Always wanted anything semi-auto in 8mm Mauser.

Never knew enough about these rifles to make an educated purchase.

And 800 bucks is a huge gamble. Lemon or Cherry.

Have fun with your build.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Always wanted anything semi-auto in 8mm Mauser.

Never knew enough about these rifles to make an educated purchase.

And 800 bucks is a huge gamble. Lemon or Cherry.

Have fun with your build.

Pretty much the same for me. Always wanted one, never could afford 'em whenever I stumbled across one. I intend to enjoy these kind of builds, it's something I can not only chalk up as a learning experience, but the end result will (hopefully) be a rather pleasant rifle to shoot :)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Parts for 30-06 versions are the easiest to find and some can be made to work but others are unique to the 8mm version. For instance, I was able to modify a 30-06 stock to fit as the Italian made replacement on my Century built FN 49 was too ugly to look at anymore (see below). You can see that the trigger guard has a gap but to me it's acceptable as the rest of the stock fitted nicely. I was lucky in that my receiver was already machined for the stock cross bolt to clear. Can't see that in yours (think only the later built receivers with the "eagle" had this mod).
    Barrels are the easiest of the bits to find (I've got a spare 8mm barrel that I bought only because it was new and so cheap I couldn't say no to it). Can't remember what Century did with all the left over 8mm spares they bought from Egypt back in the 90s. Good luck on the search and build!

Attachments

• DSC01368.JPG
      DSC01368.JPG
      17.2 KB · Views: 402
    • DSC01366.JPG
      DSC01366.JPG
      48.3 KB · Views: 403

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have a complete one 8mm I'd sell if any of you guys are looking for one. It's even factory (as in by FN when it was made) machined for a scope mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom