• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Safecracker got a 300 AAC upper from them and gave it good reviews.

Good to know

Honestly, this gun is just going to be a range toy, as much as I'd love to put on a top of the line, expensive upper, I just can't justify it.

I'm gonna try one out. Worst case, I'm out 500 bucks and I learn a lesson. Then I'll just let the lower sit until I can grab a high quality upper or something

Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    Did you order your upper from them?
    I was going to order an upper from Midway until I saw your post. I talked to the people at Radical firearms about upgrading the A2 birdcage to an AAC 51T and they said they could do it, overall they took their time and where very helpful.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    No. I haven't ordered yet. I will next week though

I went through their Facebook page more and it seems everyone is very happy with them as a company and their products. Seems like a good upper for a range toy, which is all I want. And a company to stand behind it

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    They actually have a really good deal going on right now. Check it out. This is copied from their Facebook page....

We have a great special just for our Facebook followers that we aren't advertising anywhere but here. For $599.00 + shipping, you get a complete AR Pistol!!!

You'll receive: A Complete Upper in 7.5" 8.5" or 10.5" in 556 or 300 AAC with BCG and Charging Handle, our Pistol Kit w/ Sig Tac Brace, an Aero Precision Lower with our RF LPK, a Milspec Grip and a 30 Round PMAG (if your state allows).

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    I will update this when I get my upper. For their prices, it just doesn't seem like you can go wrong

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    I ordered my upper today from radical firearms.

Heres what I got:
    -10.5 barrel
    -Yankee hill diamond fore grip
    -WMD NiB-X bolt carrier group
    -Standard mil-spec charging handle
    -Seekings AR ATC compensator

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I dunno. IMO you could build a nicer setup for just a bit more money. A complete pistol upper with name brand components would run you just under $399. When you start adding parts to theirs the price comes up really quick.

Buy it build it know whats in it. Not trying to be an ass but that handguard they offer is F'n HEAVY. It is a UTG an it is a boat anchor. Trust me I have been down this road.

I am all about saving ducketts but in this case there are better deals if you are willing to assemble the parts yourself.

Last edited:

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Assembling the parts myself wasn't an option. I just rather buy something already assembled.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Assembling the parts myself wasn't an option. I just rather buy something already assembled.

Understandable. Building my first AR was a bit daunting at first but in the end turned out to be very rewarding. I can definitely see the attraction in ordering it and dropping it on an already assembled lower as well.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Maybe my next one, I'll assemble everything. But since this is my first AR, I think building the stripped lower and just dropping on a complete upper is best.

I have no gun experience other then field stripping my M&P handgun and putting it back together. Haha

Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    Understandable. Building my first AR was a bit daunting at first but in the end turned out to be very rewarding. I can definitely see the attraction in ordering it and dropping it on an already assembled lower as well.

If you where building an upper from scratch what would be your build list?
    I just finished building an 80% lower, so an upper would be another learning experience.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    please let us know what you think about your new upper evo. I'm in the exact same boat as you it seems. I fail to see the point of spending upwards of 1k for a pistol upper assembly, and I came across radical firearms and then searched here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom