• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    I think this is what Obama's America looks like. Most of our major cities have had a democratic majority for the last 50yrs. It only worsens every year. We keep dumping more and more money into education, crime prevention and entitlements. All we've managed to do is make people comfortable in their poverty. It's gotta start at home if parents don't care then the children won't care either. When it's more comfortable to live in jail then to go to work every day your not going to be able to get these people to care about losing a job. Jails have to be a place that people do not want to return to. Instead they are a right of passage to young people. Our cities are on the verge of losing 2 generations of people a problem that maybe to big to overcome. We have to start making some hard decisions soon or it will be to late.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    IMHO, there is nothing more racist than rich white liberals spending millions and millions on welfare and programs for low income people. Think about it. What they're really saying is, "We know you are incapable of caring for yourself or your family, so we'll have the old Massa Govt. come do it for you."

Help people get a job, get some self respect and you will start to put a tiny dent in this downward spiral. Otherwise, America probably has another Civil War coming. May not be anytime soon, but the government will run out of handouts someday.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    dfens42 said:
    IMHO, there is nothing more racist than rich white liberals spending millions and millions on welfare and programs for low income people. Think about it. What they're really saying is, "We know you are incapable of caring for yourself or your family, so we'll have the old Massa Govt. come do it for you."

Help people get a job, get some self respect and you will start to put a tiny dent in this downward spiral. Otherwise, America probably has another Civil War coming. May not be anytime soon, but the government will run out of handouts someday.

If you tell people over and over that they cant make it. They will start to believe it. Eventually they will stop trying. If you give them just enough to survive. It will be hard for them to want to better themselves. It's the nanny state.

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    I grew up in South Baltimore back in the 80's. It was nice then, but it increasingly became more poor and more violent. I saw one of my friends get involved with drugs firsthand. My family and I used to be able to sit outside our place and just relax during evenings, but as I got older it was a lot less safe to do so. Then the streets became rampant with drugs and dealers. My dad got mugged at gunpoint while walking back from the same bank he had been using for over a decade, and we had numerous break-ins of our cars and home during those later years. My family moved out of the city as soon as I graduated high school (I was the youngest). For you guys saying that Baltimore City is ok, take it from someone who grew up there. It's not.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

Good point, well made.

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    Again, coming from experience of family that grew up in the city, my parents' store was robbed by gunpoint as well. Even in the city, police are usually not there when you need them most. If that armed robber chose to shoot my parents he could have done it. The same could have happened when my Dad was mugged on the very street we lived on. They know now that the first line of defense is for them to protect themselves.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    freaking propaganda video! We all know things are not good in B-more this is not new news, but the city also has good things going on as well. Despite widespread poverty,crime and drugs there are still opportunities for people to better their situation(thats what makes this country great). There are rural places in this country that are so far removed from a thriving economy that opportunities are few and far between unless you pick up and leave. I hate hearing foreign news corporations make it look like their form of oppressive governments are a good alternative to domestic crime. Shit I'll take Baltimore over Saudi Arabia/Iraq/Iran ect. ect. ect any day of the year.

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    freaking propaganda video! We all know things are not good in B-more this is not new news, but the city also has good things going on as well. Despite widespread poverty,crime and drugs there are still opportunities for people to better their situation(thats what makes this country great). There are rural places in this country that are so far removed from a thriving economy that opportunities are few and far between unless you pick up and leave. I hate hearing foreign news corporations make it look like their form of oppressive governments are a good alternative to domestic crime. Shit I'll take Baltimore over Saudi Arabia/Iraq/Iran ect. ect. ect any day of the year.

Very true. I lived in Puerto Rico for a year. It's seen as a 'tropical paradise' where people go to for vacation. The touristy parts or PR are nice, but a lot of parts are as bad as Baltimore if not worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom