• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    no clue what is coming over me, never had a problem deciding before. But I just can't decide if I like these grips or not. Only thing I know is I don't care for the stock grip panels on my gp100. Picked up these rams horn inserts on fleabay. I do like them better than stock, but I halfway think I would like a solid wood grip like Hogue makes better. I think for me it's just too much going on between the stainless/rubber/horn. Crazy I know, but help me decide?

Attachments

• newgrips.jpg
      newgrips.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 577

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Since you asked... those probably aren't the best choice. Or in the top 10 for that matter. De gustibus non est disputandem.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    yep they are coming off. just need to decide what to replace them with. most likely Hogue rubber or Hogue wood. thanks everyone for confirming my thoughts.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I like Hogue, but on a revolver, I'm partial to Pachmayr.
    8592af56f41862123cbfcabfa5f52a1d.jpg

nice... I just saw where Pachmayr has these coming soon for GP100... have Pachmayr's on my S&W 66 and like them a lot. May pick up a set later they are very reasonable. Just ordered the hogues for this one for now, but they are backordered for a couple weeks.

previous posters were right (if not a little harsh...lol)... the horn inserts would be way better on a blued gun, and it's just too much going on... less is more. stainless and dark wood is the way for me to go on this.

thanks everyone for helping me realize the error of my ways...lol.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Excellent choice. Great to look at and functional.

shoulda gone with those in the 1st place, but I love stag handled knives and thought the 1st ones would work, but I was way wrong. what can I say, I must have been dropped on my head as a child...lol.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    shoulda gone with those in the 1st place, but I love stag handled knives and thought the 1st ones would work, but I was way wrong. what can I say, I must have been dropped on my head as a child...lol.

I think we have all made the occasional bad gun related purchase. I can think of at least two I've made in recent years:
    1) A Taurus PT-740 Slim. Not a bad gun, but a .40 S&W sub-compact is not a fun thing to shoot.
    2) A Kel-TEC P11. I hated shooting it so much that after putting one box of ammo through it, I went straight from the range to my LGS and consigned it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm definitely interested in hearing about the new grips, both aesthetically and functionally. :party29:

Personally, I like the look of the stock grip with wood inserts. The fit and feel, for me, is just so-so. I bought a newer GP100 recently with the all rubber grips. I don't like the way it looks, and normally I don't like the feel of finger grooves. This new one, however, just really works for me :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom