• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I got a fair deal on a 1976 Winchester Model 1894/94 .30-30 Bicentennial in excellent condition.

It wasn't new or in the box, but I got it for $700 cash. Dealer had it marked at $850. I think it will make a nice wall piece. :)

Haha. I contemplated buying that but chose another instead. For $850, that was a rip-off. But you did good in getting the price down to $700. I thought I was good at haggling but it seems I should learn from you

BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    This was my first gun show, and I am kicking myself. I made sure a seller too credit cards (new 0 percent card with double points burning a whole in my wallet/fear of my wife), negotiated a great deal on a Ruger 10/22 takedown and a Bearcat Shopkeeper, went to pay, and then learned the shop doesn't take Discover.

Felt bad wasting their time. Shop owner was a very nice guy. Ahh well, I'll hit him back when I've got the cash.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I am waiting patiently to hear more about this strange mosin, Oldcarjunkie.

Second to JindoDog's comment - what made it strange? Was it the one with the fold-out bayonet I saw?

At first glance it seemed to be a Finned 91/30, as it had a blade front sight and a Handguard with brass ends, but it also had this weird "made in the ussr" stamp on it. I left it there and went to lunch then called my buddy on the way back and asked him about it. He sent me to this site Here.The rifle has most of the features of what they consider a SCW(spanish civil war) Mosin. Ill have some pics up next week.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    This was my first gun show, and I am kicking myself. I made sure a seller too credit cards (new 0 percent card with double points burning a whole in my wallet/fear of my wife), negotiated a great deal on a Ruger 10/22 takedown and a Bearcat Shopkeeper, went to pay, and then learned the shop doesn't take Discover.

Felt bad wasting their time. Shop owner was a very nice guy. Ahh well, I'll hit him back when I've got the cash.

Cash is king when negotiating at gun shows, you can almost always get a better price with a handful of Benjamin's, than a credit card.

:innocent0

jindodog

Sep 29, 2007
    Chester
    At first glance it seemed to be a Finned 91/30, as it had a blade front sight and a Handguard with brass ends, but it also had this weird "made in the ussr" stamp on it. I left it there and went to lunch then called my buddy on the way back and asked him about it. He sent me to this site Here.The rifle has most of the features of what they consider a SCW(spanish civil war) Mosin. Ill have some pics up next week.

The blade front sight is interesting indeed. Looking forward to the pictures.

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    Haha. I contemplated buying that but chose another instead. For $850, that was a rip-off. But you did good in getting the price down to $700. I thought I was good at haggling but it seems I should learn from you

Yeah, $850 was steep. $700 was okay with me. The key is never to make the first offer, to get a feel for the seller (and having cash usually helps).

There was a slight mark on the bluing of the barrel but it came right off with some Rem oil and since its not NIB I'll get to enjoy shooting it once or twice. Just wish I had the Stag wall rack :sad20:

What'd you end up with?

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Yeah, $850 was steep. $700 was okay with me. The key is never to make the first offer, to get a feel for the seller (and having cash usually helps).

There was a slight mark on the bluing of the barrel but it came right off with some Rem oil and since its not NIB I'll get to enjoy shooting it once or twice. Just wish I had the Stag wall rack :sad20:

What'd you end up with?

He had a Winchester 94ae trapper (16” barrel) in 30/30 with case colored receiver which looked new without a scratch Trappers in 30/30 are kind of rare, let alone case colored. I found a couple on gunbroker sold for about 900. He wanted 650, I offered 600 out the door and he took it. I was pretty happy about. If I’d known he would have taken 700 for the bicentennial, I would’ve bought both

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    He had a Winchester 94ae trapper (16” barrel) in 30/30 with case colored receiver which looked new without a scratch Trappers in 30/30 are kind of rare, let alone case colored. I found a couple on gunbroker sold for about 900. He wanted 650, I offered 600 out the door and he took it. I was pretty happy about. If I’d known he would have taken 700 for the bicentennial, I would’ve bought both

That's a nice find too. I'm glad you didn't because I would have been out of luck :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

I like to use the lowballing a$$hole technique and see how far it takes me.
    $850 on the tag. "Excuse me sir, how much do you really want for that $400 rifle?" :lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I like to use the lowballing a$$hole technique and see how far it takes me.
    $850 on the tag. "Excuse me sir, how much do you really want for that $400 rifle?" :lol2:

I was at a Dundalk Gun Show (of which I'd like to see another) and Fox Firearms had a killer deal on a rifle I really wanted. I walked away and never looked back. It was difficult, but I kept to my principles.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I was at a Dundalk Gun Show (of which I'd like to see another) and Fox Firearms had a killer deal on a rifle I really wanted. I walked away and never looked back. It was difficult, but I kept to my principles.

Speaking of Dundalk, what's up with Blue Fins. I haven't seen them active on the forums since the break-in and the show shortly thereafter.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They did timonium.

Well, I wouldn't know that. I was just curious if their business was still succeeding. When they started out as an ip they seemed to post a good bit, but not so much in the last year or so.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Well, I wouldn't know that. I was just curious if their business was still succeeding. When they started out as an ip they seemed to post a good bit, but not so much in the last year or so.

Next time you're in Maryland stop by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom