• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    It is legal to carry in a bar in Virginia (with a permit) but you can't drink alcohol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was an example. Like I said, it has been a while since I kept up with VA law.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    With all the confusion I think if I go to NH next year I'll go unarmed. :sad20: South with only a 10 or 20 mile strip through Peoples Republic holster and unloaded and I'll deny having a weapon in the truck.

Dan, if that makes me a thug so be it. ;)

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Hell, the fed gubmint ignores laws, politicians ignore laws, "urban democratic voters" ignore laws, balto states attorney ignores laws, illegal aliens ignore laws. Seems like us discrete, trained, firearms owners are the only ones who try to adhere to the letter of the law. Look where that gotten us.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Hell, the fed gubmint ignores laws, politicians ignore laws, "urban democratic voters" ignore laws, balto states attorney ignores laws, illegal aliens ignore laws. Seems like us discrete, trained, firearms owners are the only ones who try to adhere to the letter of the law. Look where that gotten us.

BUT if caught we know we're not going to pass GO. :sad20::mad54:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you are OC you may consume in VA . Weird but true. I don't drink and carry ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    What are TSA police??

You don't remember this epic shining example of stupidity?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...led-over-searched-and-humiliated-in-maryland/

When Floridian concealed carry permit holder John Filippidis and his family drove through Maryland on their way to New Jersey for Christmas, he was pulled over by the Maryland Transportation Authority Police (MTAP), accused of having a gun, humiliated, and searched along with his car and family.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Violating 4-203 carries a 3 year penalty. Even if you don't recieve the full penalty , it is still makes you a Prohibited Person under federal law .

Most of us try to stay well within the unconstitutional restrictions Marylandistan's commie leadership shoves up our backsides. It seems to me that pursuing charges against an otherwise upstanding citizen with the intention of having them classified as a "prohibited person", will only put them into a category that no longer has any incentive to even consider laws regarding firearms.

This is the kind of crap that makes criminals out of good people in direct violation of the Second Amendment. Few people that I know would accept this status and will just buy their weapons on the black market in the future.

We all know there are bad guys that are carrying without a permit.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Transporting a firearm between states should be subject to federal regs and free of state regs. The idea of stopping at borders and rearranging things are maddening. The NRA at one point wanted to support a "shall issue" law that would be federal. Even some conservatives didn't like the idea of the feds telling the states what laws they should have -- and at the time I could see their point. (It's easy to see how such a law could go south with a few federal votes on something like that.) After living in Maryland, though, it's hard to see how things could get worse.

I think now I could support such a law. But they should have federal law for transport between states. That's what the federal government is for, right? Especially since cops can pretty much search your car anytime they want, right?? I recently talked to an old girlfriend of mine and she said she got pulled over and searched.

“For what?" I asked.

“I got pulled over for speeding," she said. “And they asked me if they could search my car."

“Why didn't you say no?"

“I don't know," she said. “I didn't have anything to hide."

Well, knowing this woman's daughter, I could think of a few reasons. (I know a cop in Phoenix who pulled an old fellow over and they asked him the same question. Under the car seat they found an old Raven .25 pistol with no ammo and no magazine. And they arrested the poor guy! Turns out it belonged to a friend of his son's, and instead of just confiscating the gun or putting it in the trunk, which I would have done, they took him in and booked him like some criminal!) At a time when cops need all the friends they can get, they do this!

Anyway, they searched my friend's car, wrote her a ticket and left. They didn't even give her a break for letting them do the search!

(What would YOU say if they asked you?) Sure they probably could have done the search anyway, but it would have been under protest had it been me. We live in sick times and with civil forfeiture on the rise, cops are rapidly becoming the enemy of freedom instead of the protector!

getting-pulled-over11.jpg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Transporting a firearm between states should be subject to federal regs and free of state regs. The idea of stopping at borders and rearranging things are maddening. The NRA at one point wanted to support a "shall issue" law that would be federal. Even some conservatives didn't like the idea of the feds telling the states what laws they should have -- and at the time I could see their point. (It's easy to see how such a law could go south with a few federal votes on something like that.) After living in Maryland, though, it's hard to see how things could get worse.

I think now I could support such a law. But they should have federal law for transport between states. That's what the federal government is for, right? Especially since cops can pretty much search your car anytime they want, right?? I recently talked to an old girlfriend of mine and she said she got pulled over and searched.

“For what?" I asked.

“I got pulled over for speeding," she said. “And they asked me if they could search my car."

“Why didn't you say no?"

“I don't know," she said. “I didn't have anything to hide."

Well, knowing this woman's daughter, I could think of a few reasons. (I know a cop in Phoenix who pulled an old fellow over and they asked him the same question. Under the car seat they found an old Raven .25 pistol with no ammo and no magazine. And they arrested the poor guy! Turns out it belonged to a friend of his son's, and instead of just confiscating the gun or putting it in the trunk, which I would have done, they took him in and booked him like some criminal!) At a time when cops need all the friends they can get, they do this!

Anyway, they searched my friend's car, wrote her a ticket and left. They didn't even give her a break for letting them do the search!

(What would YOU say if they asked you?) Sure they probably could have done the search anyway, but it would have been under protest had it been me. We live in sick times and with civil forfeiture on the rise, cops are rapidly becoming the enemy of freedom instead of the protector!

getting-pulled-over11.jpg

No offense but there is a lot wrong with that post. There IS a federal law protecting transport between states, it's called FOPA.

And regarding the second bolded above, when was this? Arizona has been Constitutional Carry for a while now and Open Carry long before that.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    No offense but there is a lot wrong with that post. There IS a federal law protecting transport between states, it's called FOPA.
    Shows how long I've been out of it! I thought FOPA affected federal regs only. I didn't know about the safe passage provision until now. Not that I've needed it. I've always unloaded my guns and kept them in the trunk. The only time I've transported guns is when selling them, trading them or going into Virginia to shoot at the NRA Range.

And regarding the second bolded above, when was this? Arizona has been Constitutional Carry for a while now and Open Carry long before that.
    About sixteen years ago give or take. My friend said the gun was under the seat with no magazine or ammo and that it was dirty. Apparently at the time it wasn't legal, and they took the guy into custody. To put anyone through that was, to me, unconscionable. They viewed it as unauthorized concealed carry. :mad54:

I've always felt cops should treat guns like any other legal property. And that Raven, without ammo, without a magazine, wasn't going to hurt anyone.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Speeding is not Probable Cause for a search of your vehicle. You are within ayour rights to decline a search.

Let the cops get a warrant if they think they have PC.

Last edited:

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry, for asking a question that has probably been asked a number of times before, but for clarity, is a BP handgun considered a handgun for the purposes of when you can transport it in your car within the state? i.e. can one be kept unloaded in your vehicle in MD if you are going somewhere other than the range, dog training, etc.?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Speeding is not Probable Cause for a search of your vehicle. You are withing your rights to decline a search.

Let the cops get a warrant if they think they have PC.

If they have Probable Cause to search your car they likely don't need a warrant.

The Carroll Doctrine and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom